High Idle

tyler73

Registered
06, 2bros cans, all engine stock

Recently, on my last few long rides I have noticed the engine idle speeds gets very high after it's warmed up. Normal idle when cold is around 1000-1200 and the bike runs great. Once I've been riding a while and the engine is fully warm the engine idle runs up to 15-17 and stays.

I have performed a TB Sync, Idle Screw, and Fast Idle adjustment but NOT since the issue has come about. All was well until very recently. No changes were made immediately prior to the issue.

BTW - There is no problem once I'm moving and the bike runs great. No hesitation, misses, excessive popping, etc.

Tyler, when you are making your adjustments, is the bike alredy warm? Also, you might want to recheck your fast idle adjustment to see if the idle increases with turning the head. One of the mistakes tht I have seen people make is that theyy mae an adjustment an call it good; I will rev the throttle to see where everything settles to get a true measure of the adjustment.

Just my .02

The bike shouldn't idle when it's cold...that's what the fast idle lever is for, to warm up the bike. The bike should be FULLY warmed up before you set the idle...set it to 1200 + or - 100...then blip the throttle a few times to see where it settles...blip it again. If it holds the correct speed, your good to go...a drop or two of Loctite on the set screw will keep it there for you.

Back