Any Geeks in da house?

V

vegasphotog

Sorry, geek #1 checking in. I am all about using software and technology to be as efficient and knowlegeable in my day to day activities....I am a multimedia guy for $$$ so I always trying to understand what is available and out there.

For a few years I have struggled implementing interactive calendars for clients on their websites....Where they can edit events or have a host of people to edit their events.

So, I finally delve back into Google Calendars and how they operate. All I can say is COOL **** MAYNARD.

To take advantage of Google Calendars you must have a Gmail account. Once you have that you create create a gillion calendars or one or how ever many.

THEN, you can IMPORT a variety of pre-exisiting ICAL calendars to your calendar. THEN, you can download the Google SYNC module for your phone (I use a Blackberry Pearl) and sync your calendar with your phone.

Ok....what is the big whoop, right?

Here is one example....

MotoGP 2009 Race Dates in Outlook/Yahoo/Google/iCal/Notes Format

I download the ICS file to my desktop, and then IMPORT the calendar to my Google calendar, then sync to my phone. You ask me " where is the next MOTO GP race?" I tell you johnie on the spot.

Ok....another application....as I am new to the board...I see you have annual get-togethers....the webmaster can EASILY covert those and any dates to a running ICS file and members can then upload OR hayabusa.org could create their own Google/Gmail calendar and we can then opt to import that calendar into our Masters. You can include points of contact, phone, email etc. that would either come up on your master calendar or your phone.

My work here is done. Move along. Nothing to see. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I 2nd what dadofthree said

we are all just a bunch of individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc.
and other's here are person's who passionately pursue intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities.

Last edited:
we are all just a bunch of individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc.
and other's here are person's who passionately pursue intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities.

Damn I know how u pick up chix at a kegger.... :lol:

I 2nd what dadofthree said

Well said.:thumbsup:

Is your avatar Gabe Kaplan with an inverted face? That's hilarious! I peeked at your profile to see a larger view of it, and now I have the theme song from Welcome back Kotter in my head!

As far as what you are doing, I just use i-Cal, and sync it to my i-Phone. I know that doesn't help, I just like to keep things simple.

Back