Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally

steveemco

Registered
You are invited to the 7th annual Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally, May 19-22 2006 in Baker City, Oregon. This rally is open to ALL bikes and in the past we have had many sportbikes attend.

You can find out more at www.hellscanyonrally.com

Hells Canyon is the deepest canyon in North America and the roads and scenery are the best. You can visit the 'Seven Devils' (7 mountain peaks of 8 to 9 thousand feet) on the way to Heaven's Gate (another peak)..

Anyway the rally is great fun. Mark your calendar for May 19-22 and meet me in Baker City, Oregon for the ride of a lifetime.

What roads from Baker do you take? The only one I know is thru Halfway down to Oxbow...
A group of us will be doing that ride in July '06.

Generally everybody at least goes to Hells Canyon Dam. It's about 95 miles from Baker City and does go thru Richmond & Halfway. You cross the Snake River at Oxbow and go north to Hells Canyon Dam and the visitor center.

We usually continue on to Joseph, Enterprise, Lostine, Wallowa, Elgin, LaGrande, Union, Medical Springs and finally back to Baker City. this is about 300 miles. By the time we get back we are ready for a few rounds at the Main Event - a great little bar accross Main Street from the Geiser Grand Hotel.

mjn....Are Ya gitt'in these directions?
You're are Navigator remember!
biggrin.gif

That is pretty much what we're going to do. I'm thinkin of staying in Sumpter though. I'm not much into the Gieser Grand "look" motel for a ride....rather have a smaller place.....ya know, by a stream and stuff? The place we stayed at in Thomopson Falls this year was perfect.

The only prerequisite is it MUST be within walking distance of a good bar!
tounge.gif

sh$t i'm jealous! too bad i am across the frigin' country. that place sounds unbelievable.
sad.gif

Back