Any front end anti-dive adjustments

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Have an 06 and after its first year and nearly 13,000 miles I feel the front end diving a tad more than I like under hard braking. Is there an adjustment I can do to stiffen it up a bit w/o any major probs? I figured someone might know if its a couple turns in or out and then re-tighten or?
rock.gif
Thanks!

A lot of people have been talking about installing better springs.

Whats your dimensions? Big boys like me need upgrades to get it tight to get it right.

You can stiffen the preload and/or you can stiffen compression.

You can also put stiffer springs in
wink.gif

In re: "Whats your dimensions? Big boys like me need upgrades to get it tight to get it right."

I fall into that category I guess at 6'1" and 240. I'll try to follow that link, thanks. I was hoping that to simply reduce front end dive, someone could tell me that it usually takes 3-4 turns or whatever. I'll take a look at the owner's manual to see what I'm supposed to ignore...
rock.gif

(CBXRider @ Feb. 16 2007,22:28) In re: "Whats your dimensions? Big boys like me need upgrades to get it tight to get it right."

I fall into that category I guess at 6'1" and 240. I'll try to follow that link, thanks. I was hoping that to simply reduce front end dive, someone could tell me that it usually takes 3-4 turns or whatever. I'll take a look at the owner's manual to see what I'm supposed to ignore...
rock.gif
You may still get that, I was trying to add a little info for you.

I am 6'4" 300 so I think you a JR big boy
wink.gif

Good luck!

(CBXRider @ Feb. 16 2007,19:28) I was hoping that to simply reduce front end dive, someone could tell me that it usually takes 3-4 turns or whatever.  I'll take a look at the owner's manual to see what I'm supposed to ignore...
rock.gif
I would try compression first, try two clicks harder and see if you notice a difference.

Made a few adjustments and in the garage...it felt much better. 70s and sunny tomorrow so I'll give it a good workout.

(CBXRider @ Feb. 17 2007,02:43) Made a few adjustments and in the garage...it felt much better. 70s and sunny tomorrow so I'll give it a good workout.
What did you do?

Well, overall it worked very well. I think I dialed in too much damping on the fork bottoms so I'll reduce that before the next ride. Didn't feel it until some freeway miles on sectioned concrete. Up top I turned the 17mm nuts clockwise an equal amount, probably one full turn with a ratchet (4 quarter turns). I then bottomed the center screws and backed them out 3 clicks. The front dive was greatly reduced but not elimated of course, but the added benefit was almost instant (re) control of the front end turning into corners after late braking. Kind of like real good shocks on a car vs OE shocks.

BTW, I really like my new pipes. The growl in the higher revs is great. Makes me want to keep the revs up there to hear them even more! Still want to compare them to anyone's aftermarket pipes just to hear the difference but I seldom run into a Busa on the road.

IMG021__Small_.JPG

We are close in size and I have been wanting to adjust my suspension also, but was scared to screw it up and be a wobbler.

Mine is factory set right now as your was. How much difference was noticed? Withthe minor adjustments you did?

(BlueHaya @ Feb. 20 2007,21:37) We are close in size and I have been wanting to adjust my suspension also, but was scared to screw it up and be a wobbler.

Mine is factory set right now as your was.  How much difference was noticed? Withthe minor adjustments you did?
Don't be afraid.

Take notes of the stock settings, that way you can always go back if you get lost in the settings
wink.gif

Back