Lowering newbie Q!!!

SxLxAxVxExN

Registered
Hi all.
So I've had my 07 for a bit now and I did a few things to it : GiPro w TRE, Yoshi Slip ons, undertail, triple tree, adjustable kickstand, dogbones.
So here is the scoop.
I lowered her a little while ago.. about 1 inch in the front and middle hole on dogbone in the rear. And it was handling great. After installing my undertail I lowered the rear all the way with the dogbone on 3rd hole. But I didnt touch the front. I did stiffen it up by 1 click and the rear is stiffened up all the way cause It scraped the undertail when I hit a hard bump. But now the bike seems to handle like crap, front seems way to light. Is this cause the front isnt lowered more or cause I was messing with the dampening adjustments?
rock.gif
?
Wheew that was lots of typing , Sorry guys
sad.gif

Help me out tho
beerchug.gif

Lowering the bike is always going to make it handle like crap...it's just the nature of the beast.

yes, to both. lowering the back more than th front messing things up. Adjusting the suspension way out wack will also make a mess of things.

Whats the stiffness supposed to be set to? What do you guys reccomend? I lowered the front another half inch today and it seems to handle the same.

(berryman @ Aug. 06 2007,04:09) Lowering the bike is always going to make it handle like crap...it's just the nature of the beast.
Not true at all...mine's been lowered 2 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear and I've not had any handling issues...

I think the key is to lower it evenly to maintain what Suzuki originally planned as far as aerodynamics...

Adjusting your suspension may help as well...I'd be worried having the bike lowered so much in the rear to be honest; at just 2 inches I can't cross speed bumps without being certain my feet are on the pegs and butt is off the seat
smile.gif
I'd level the bike a bit more to regain your initial handling...just my $.02 and good luck
smile.gif

smile.gif

your suspension settings are bassed on you as the rider. My setting are different from yours.

Most undertails wont give you enoguh clearance to lower the rear down to the lowest setting in a set of dog bones. You're better off raising it back up a little to the middle hole and adjusting the front suspension as well. After you get things raised then you'll have to reset your suspension as well. It's easy if you've got a buddy to help take the measurements while you're on the bike.

Do a search for "Jinkster attacks suspension" or something similar. He has a good step-by-step guide.

(SxLxAxVxExN @ Aug. 06 2007,17:05) How did you lower the front 2 inches? You have a pic of the tripe tree? How far do the stocks stick out?
I had a performance shop do the lowering...I know they used dog bones for the rear...for lowering the front, I'm not 100% certain what was done (this was when my Busa was new and I knew NOTHING about the bike beyond how to ride it), but after having other Busa riders comment, my triple tree looks different...I've got spacers pushing the front down...

Someone smarter will have to chime in and say exactly what was done to the front
wink.gif
but I will gladly take some pics of the triple tree if you'd like to see what it looks like  
smile.gif

(VaBusa @ Aug. 07 2007,10:12)
(SxLxAxVxExN @ Aug. 06 2007,17:05) How did you lower the front 2 inches? You have a pic of the tripe tree? How far do the stocks stick out?
I had a performance shop do the lowering...I know they used dog bones for the rear...for lowering the front, I'm not 100% certain what was done (this was when my Busa was new and I knew NOTHING about the bike beyond how to ride it), but after having other Busa riders comment, my triple tree looks different...I've got spacers pushing the front down...

Someone smarter will have to chime in and say exactly what was done to the front
wink.gif
but I will gladly take some pics of the triple tree if you'd like to see what it looks like
smile.gif
Does it look like this?

pict1345.jpg

I think your options range from Reaper Risers, shortened or different forks, lowering triple tree, to strapping the front down. I think it was Big Tuna out of NC, his bike is slammed. I would guess at least 3 inches all around.

If you lower it the same amount front and rear, then it will still handle OK...it WON"T handle as well as a stock height bike.

If you really want it to handle better than stock...then RAISE the rear 1" and lower the front 5 mm
wink.gif

Back