Any Cyclists Here?

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I see there are some other nice rides around here. :beerchug:

Sweet ride, Chatanooga! And some other beauties posted in response.

You really owe it to yourself to get some clipless pedals for that bike. Had more than my share of crashes with them until I discovered the Crankbrothers eggbeater pedals. Look at the Crankbothers Mallet for a platform style. Much easier to engage and DISENGAGE than any other pedal I have ridden with. Will never use anything else.

++ eggbeater, mallet, candy, acid, 5050 pedals :: crankbrothers.com ++

My current ride is a Specialized FSR. With only 3" travel front and rear, it seems to be turning into a bit of a "classic." Not that it has completely displaced my late-1980's vintage "Cunningham Designed" Nishiki Cascade with the raised chainstays and the Anser Manitou elastomer forks (now fitted with simple springs!).

AJAY, I've been through multiple sets of clipless pedals and shoes with no luck. Maybe it's just something about my feet... I always get a strange, but rather severe pain in the outside edge of each foot when I ride clipless. I've tried to just keep riding through it, but it only gets worse with time. I'm sure there are other options for custom shoes and all, but I'm just tired of dumping money into it. Oh well... :thumbsup:

I used to ride a Rocky Mountain RM6. The one in the pic's not mine but looks exactly like it.
Rocky1.jpg

Now, I only have the Trek. Carbon fiber frame and crank.

Trek 5200 007.jpg

Trek 5200 005.jpg

That's a nice ride, Sleepless. I had a Specialized Tarmac, but sold it to get this new one. Which one gets more miles between the bike and the Busa? :laugh:

That's a nice ride, Sleepless. I had a Specialized Tarmac, but sold it to get this new one. Which one gets more miles between the bike and the Busa? :laugh:
Thanks. The Trek hasn't left the room since I got the Busa.lol
Posted via Mobile Device

DH'er and FR'er here. GIANT Glory 8 (or Glory Comp). Pretty much stock except for the Crank Brothers 50/50 pedals.

I don't have a pic readily available, but here's a generic one to tie you over for now. :thumbsup:

glory_comp%20copy.jpg

99 K2 Proflex 4000 with the girvin fork and an easton cf swingarm. don't have pix, but it looks just like this one. except i've recently refinished the swingarm, pulled the stickers off the carbon, sanded, and re-cleared it.

K2_PROFLEX_4000_small.JPG

I've got a single speed beach cruiser I bought at walmart for 89 bucks.
It's got dragons on the fenders. Does they count :)

I just picked up a GIANT Escape 2 Hybrid yesterday and it's a nice ride! I've been running 26X1.5in road tires on my Trek 4300 as I do mostly road riding like commuting to work and paved bike trails with the wife. I plan to reinstall the knobbies 26X2.0in tires on the Trek and use it exclusively for dirt riding! I've already installed my clipless pedals, luggage rack and changed the seat to accomidate my big arse!:laugh:

So far I've ridden 39 miles on the hybrid and I definately feel the difference in the way it rolls vs. the Trek, the larger wheels/tires really make the difference! The Trek is a great ride too but the hybrid serves me better for the streets! Price OTD was $443.

IMG_0575.jpg

SAM_0024.jpg

Back