any cruser riders here

I didnt mean for it to come off like I was talking down to you I was attempting some humor for you guys to put a smile on your face by throwing the fan boy speach in for ya. Its too hard to get a subtle joke across on the net in type. I like all of them just for the record. I have read everything I could find on the warrior, VTX, Vulcan (mean streak and 2000) and many many other bikes from every spectrum of riding. I actually like them all even the smaller cruisers and entry level sportbikes look like they would be fun just for the fact of going for a ride and enjoying the environment and all the input to your senses.

If someone said here have my VTX I would be on it like stink on shiat! Same thing with the Vulcans, Shadows, Vmax, and any other bike out there. I have looked high and low and have been looking and reading for over a year on every bike I could find info on. I have been a subscriber to motorcyclist for 6 years and have read every issue cover to cover. I have come to the decision of a Warrior, a SV1000S, or maybe just maybe a Hayabusa (04 Limited Edition of course). I am tall 6'6" and ~280lbs so any bike I get I will have to modify the bars/pegs and seat to fit me. I could adjust any bike to suit me but I have decided it wont be a current sportbike 600/750/1000 because of the sorry excuse for rider community.

I like all of them plain and simple. I like the Rocket and cant wait for a first ride report when it comes in.

Get a bike that makes you tingle when you look at it and sit on it and take it for a ride.

-vJ-

it's cool vj,

that's why there are forums like this so we can share our opinions, whether we agree or not, it's just one's thought and it's not better or worst than the next person's thought. all the bikes you listed should fit you well. now, go get one and ride. it's prime time for rides now. have fun shopping.

Does anybody really have any faith in the accuracy of test results out of any bike mag? The first time I ever went to a drag strip with anything, on my second run I beat the best 1/4 mile time claimed by any magazine test for the bike I was riding. I like to think I'm a decent rider, but come on. Those magazine guys are either getting kick backs, or their riders just can't ride worth crap. As far as which bike is faster, unless one bike has an overwhelming advantage in power it's all about the riders.

Does anybody really have any faith in the accuracy of test results out of any bike mag? The first time I ever went to a drag strip with anything, on my second run I beat the best 1/4 mile time claimed by any magazine test for the bike I was riding. I like to think I'm a decent rider, but come on. Those magazine guys are either getting kick backs, or their riders just can't ride worth crap. As far as which bike is faster, unless one bike has an overwhelming advantage in power it's all about the riders.
good point D warrior,

i think some magazine guys do get kick backs but unfortunately that's the only proven source out there that are readily available for our comparison questions. too bad we all don't have a race track and have all the bikes to test so we'll know for sure which is which.

it's cool vj,

that's why there are forums like this so we can share our opinions, whether we agree or not, it's just one's thought and it's not better or worst than the next person's thought.  all the bikes you listed should fit you well.  now, go get one and ride.  it's prime time for rides now.  have fun shopping.
Unfortunately I wont be getting the bike until at least October or maybe as late as December. That just means I will have time when I get it to do some mods and make it mine. The weather here gets warm enough to ride here in the end of Febuary or early March so I wont be long without a ride. Plus if I can talk the budget commitee into it I will get a 125 dirtbike at the same time so I can get back out into the dirt and get myself better prepared for the street.
Hopefully I will get it in October in time for my b-day on the 10th so that will give me time to break it in and get the initial service done before the cold weather gets here in mid-late november.

-vJ-

busajack2,

Should be nice and smooth. 3 and 6 cylinder bikes use a 120 degress crankshaft, which is definitely smoother then a 180 degree crank (twins and fours) and a 360 degree crank (singles and some twins). Your crank will maintain more momentum and have less reciprocating weight (causing vibration). Good choice.

I love my VTX 1800 Retro. But am starting to look at the Busa for a second bike. When funds permit...

rearclean.jpg

Nice bike Zurn.

Does the VTX have the same sound as a Harley? I know that Harley has some unique timing in their twins that give it the distinctive sound and I was curious how many of the metric cruisers have incorporated that same timing into their bikes. Some of the ones that I have heard sound nothing like a Harley.

<!--EDIT|85Max
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086529099 -->

Slowpoke: Thanks for the helping me think i made the right decision. The busa is such perfection that iam to old to keep up with it. I loved the torque of the v twins but that S&S 107 would shake the elements out of the light bulbs and all the bling bling would fall off. ( someone needs to invent a harley stength lock tite )ha Some comments here are about the weight of the rocket,(my little ass weights 150 lbs) but i think when i get it lowered ill be ok.With that huge motor shoved forward so much and the 240 rear tire, it should come off the line pretty good .They say the motor is so under stressed(8.5 compression) iam sure there is room for even more power.(cant leave nutten alone) First year of any new model is always scarry but it does have a 24 month warrenty.(might not want to blow it till then)(super charge).Your explenation of vibration was great. Thanks again Jack

Back