Any chiropractor's on the Org?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
My ongoing back issue now leads me to the Chiropractor's office. I did Physical Therapy without much positive results. Xrays didnt show and bone issue the Orthopedists could see, so Chiropractor is next before I operate on myself:whistle:
What should I ask him/tell him about to get the best result? Any tips or info would be great.

PS
It the middle-right side of my back thats hurt from warehouse work for 6 years.

I'm no Chiro But I live in a Chiros office for 25 years with pain,,its all gone now.. I am almost finished with my book on the subject. You can shoot me a pm if you'd like. Phone would be easier,, Good luck.

If there are no findings on xray, not sure if CHIRO will have any bones to manipulate back into proper spacing/alignment. Has an MRI of your L-spine been done already? Another option is acupuncture. Best of luck.
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a chiropractor or physician but work in the medical field (US Navy).

Have you tried massive strong muscle relaxers? I went that route and it fixed me before I was due for surgery. Never had the surgery and feel much better.

I've been to the Chiro for about 15 years. Works wonders for me. The main advice I can try to give you is that NO TWO CHIROPRACTORS are the same!!! If the one you are going to go to doesn't seem to be working, don't give up on chiropractic, give up on THAT chiropractor. Took me about 3 tries to find the one I use now, and its night and day. Seems like they need to adjust your body in a way that your body "allows" adjusting. If that makes any sense. Some I've been to just adjust and that's it. Two minutes later, I'm back in pain. The one I have now has found different ways of adjusting me that makes it last weeks instead of minutes.
Good luck though, not a whole lot worse than back problems...

I have several back problems that put me out of my delivery job permanently. The x-rays didn't show alot, but the MRI did. The Orthopedic Dr. told me that a Chiropractor(as good as they are)could cause permanent serious damage given my particular condition. Eight months of physical therapy had only made me much worse off. Once the Orthopedic Dr found out how wrong the last several months of PT had been, she stopped it immediately. I continue to have alot of pain and problems that cannot be corrected. Everyone's situation of course is different, but I would strongly recommend an MRI if you haven't had one. Better safe than sorry.

In my opinion, any GOOD chiropractor should order an MRI before any work anyway. There is an actual science to it, not just turning you into a pretzel. :laugh:

In my opinion, any GOOD chiropractor should order an MRI before any work anyway. There is an actual science to it, not just turning you into a pretzel. :laugh:

+1 One of the physical therapists was doing some chiropractic manipulations on my back, some of it hurt, some of it felt great. My Orthopedic Dr. said(she even called in another Dr. in the practice and he agreed)that it had to stop immediately! When I ask why I was told that given my situation, that kind of movement could cause seriouse permanent damage, even paralysis! That'll wake you up real quick. Don't take chances with your back man, I'm the guy that this was never going to happen to.

I'm very skepital of the "magic and wonderment" that chiropractor's seem to be able to offer.

I was seeing a chiropractor for a bit. I asked him for the truth one day,about the success of his profession. He admitted its about 75% psychological and about 15% medicinal...and about 10% bullshi7.

I moved on to IMS. It actually worked.

RSD.

Just my opinion. Go and see a orthopedic spine surgeon. I have degenerative discus degrease in my lower three discs. After seeing a chiropractor for six month no improvement. I went to my family doctor who just gave me some pain pills. Than went for a second opinion on with my wife's doctor. Who than sent me for an MRI. I then went to a pain management doctor. Who just want to keep me on the pain pills. I finally said the heck with them and went to an orthopedic spine surgeon. He actually went over my MRI with us (wife and myself). Gave us all the options to try. I did physical therapy for about 3 months once a week. Also did all the exercises at home. I have now been off the pain pills for about two months. I do stretch and do my exercises ever mourning. Only takes about 10 minutes. I feel 100% better. It will never be perfect again. However I do not have the everyday pain. It still lets me know its there ever once in a while. PM if you have any questions. Again just my opinion and good luck.

Thanks guys! Ive got an appointment this thursday. Ive been back to work for 2 days trying to do everything the opposite direction Ive been doin them for the last 6 years. I still hurt, but it not as bad as I thought it would be. Ill definetly push for the MRI givin what you guys said, seems like it may provide some insight. Im not old enough to have a bad back, least thats what I thought.....

Im not old enough to have a bad back, least thats what I thought.....

I'm 35, have two completely shot knees, a bad back, and just had shoulder surgery. I feel your pain.. Literally..

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

You lucky your not a horse bro, you woulda been brought behind the barn and put down by now, and I'd be next in line :banghead:

You lucky your not a horse bro, you woulda been brought behind the barn and put down by now, and I'd be next in line :banghead:

I think I'd make a good glue. My wife is always telling me I stick.. Maybe she says stink.. Oh hell, don't tell me my hearing is going now too ???

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Saw the Chiropractor this morning and hurt like **** this evening.

He seems competant and knowledgeable so Ill be seeing him again on monday. We found most, if not all the muscles on the right side of my back were swollen, knotted and tensed up. He's gonna look at my Xrays this week to see if he can get a better idea of whats goin on. He twisted, cracked and squeezed me for about 15min and sent me on my way with homework. Frozen Vegatables wrapped in a wet cloth on my back, 10min at a time, 3 times every night. I asked about the MRI, he said I didnt seem to have enough signs to need one right now, but ill mention it each visit if im not gettin better.
I was also told to cut out the soda from my diet, guess the sugar isnt good for swollen muscles, who knew?

I hurt my back in 1985. I have had trouble with everyday since then. I have had 2 surg. They replaced a disk put 6 screws and 2 plates in my back. The first time I went to a CP I felt great and he kept me from have surg. for 12 years. He moved and I went to another one and he hurt me and I had to have my first surg. If you are hurting I would not go back to him (JMO) You are not supposed to hurt after seeing one. Get an MRI and really find out what is going on. Check out this site James M. Leipzig, M.D., F.A.C.S. A friend of mine had his back fixed there and is like a new man. He is in his late 50's and said he feels like he is 30 again. I wish you the best

Back