Another Whacked Out Idea.....24HR Busa Cam!!!!

OB_BlackPanther

Registered
Imagine a website where sitting in your chair at home you see and "feel" the acceleration and power of the hayabusa, from watching a real busa driving around in the world, 24-7. I dont think the technology is there yet with wireless, but imagine 4 different cameras mounted around the bike. One looking at the guages, one above the front tire, one facing back above the rear tire and a fourth camera in the helmet of the rider. Talk about voyeurism at its best. All you east coasters would be glued to your computer ooohing and aaaaahing at what you miss for 5 months.

Just a thought.

BP

B.P.; there is something to be said about a man and that type of vision:

Amazing!

All day long I work on bikes and ride them,but what about people who don't know the thrill of the all mighty Busa.

What insight.
Another winner!

Maybe Jeff W could move his web cam to the garage where his Busa lives?! ;)

grumpy cop , i dont know how the laws read where your at but if you decide to ride through indiana you better have at least one mirror. i have offical documentation that cost me 80.00 showing you better have mirrors !i hate em to but i once again have them on.

I have spent countless hours trying to explain to the non-riders exactly what its like to experience these bikes. Futilly disclosing the incredible sensory input provided by these machines. This idea's time has come! Lets call the lawyers, call the patent office. Imagine if you could view a 1 hour video as described above for any sportbike currently available. Call it "the virtual testride" jimjib could consult on camera mounting issues and I'm sure we could raise the financing. Anyone else in? LOL

Interesting. I'm in the process of hooking my digital vid-cam up to my bike to have a little fun next season. It couldn't be that hard to add a few more cameras. Say, hook a cel modem into a laptop, and there's your wireless linkup right there.

true...however the current limitations on wireless bandwidth provide for a typical 9600 baud connection with usually a mximum of 14.4....not fast enough for video.

BP

Crazy you're supposed to have mirrors here too but if you can rig something else up like a rear facing camera that would cover it. You may get stopped now and then and harrassed until they learn what you got, but you wouldn't get any tickets unless they were just pissed and wanted to find something else to get you on.

Panther... Now there's an idea I could get into. Let's try a palmtop with one of those little eyeball sized video cams. A cell phone attachment for commo. The guys above are right, speed will be a problem. With the scene changing as fast as it does on a Busa my limited experience says 56kb would be the slowest that would work. Where to get a cell phone PCMCIA card at 56kb is the real problem. I'll work on it.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 07 January 2000).]

Black, east coasters missing out?

You seem to forget the Hayabusa is a Falcon, birds migrate to warmer climates. As where green bugs die off in the winter.

Any of you guys know where you can get some of those mini camera's like the use during operations? Been wanting to hook a couple of these up to a small display to use as a rear display and get rid of those mirrors. Kinda expensive but would be unique.

The hard part will be finding a 56k cell phone card. I look into it.

A Sony VAIO palmtop has a built in video cam. Mount that on one of those bar stem
thingies someone talked about here. That would work.

Only problem with a rear view camera is you have to reverse the image!

Because, on your screen, cars on the left are actually coming up on your right!!

The way I see it is EVERYTHING is behind me and quick shoulder check reminds me that I AM the fastest thing on earth! hehe

Just heard of a solution to communication speed. It's a thing called "wireless dsl".
DSL stands for digital subscriber line.

Get this.. 256kb data rates.

Only some areas have it but all we need is an area with a 1.5 mile straightaway...

I could get into this... If only I had a little extra $$$

who's missing out ? i ride as long as it isnt raining or snowing. jan 1st it was almost 60 degrees here and its supposed to be around 50 this weekend .thats almost as good as summer as far as im concerned ! just cant pull that lowered frontend up as easy . just breaks the tire loose .
i like the busa-cam idea though . next time someone asks to ride my bike i could just refer them to the computer .

Back