Another shooting near Ferguson MO

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Dammit, here we go again..

White Missouri cop kills armed black 18-year-old

We are never gonna know if the current tensions inflamed the mind of this young man to carry a gun, let alone pull it on a cop. But I fear it's going to continue, and more young black men, inflamed by all the rhetoric, are going to die as pawns for someone else's political agenda. Not the mention more police officers are becoming targets, and therefore are even more on guard then they usually are, furthering the opportunity for more violence and death.

Cooler heads had better start to prevail.

And then we have to two police officers executed in NYC, and the Mayor refuses to believe that the rhetoric didn't drive some crazy ppl over the edge. DeBlasio needs to resign as he has lost the confidence of a large number of his constituents.

While I'm not trying to rehash the hundreds of posts in the other thread, to not mention it in fear of stirring up more board strife I think is worse. While that other thread deteriorated awhile into some serious accusations, I thought eventually it made a circle and we came back to some sense of reason. I may be wrong we will see.

I don't care what race, sex, or religious affiliation you are, point a gun at someone and you're asking to get shot.

Well that's how we (people, not just the org) deal with tough issues. There are right sides to all points of view on this - so it's going to get personal. But the people who can come around are the people who can solve the issue and make constructive change. Yes, this is going in a really bad direction. But the mayor and Al Sharpton have little to do with the feelings black people have on this. I have had to talk several people down off the ledge who I would not expect to react like they have. I feel that the cops were looking a little red handed on the recent events but the execution just makes the point that a cop never knows what they are walking into. Back to square one. As Al said, the violence only serves to weaken the position. No change will be good if it means a bunch of cops getting blasted because they were slow on the draw.

Back