Another rider down...

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
It happens every day, across the country, across the world. Through rider error, through no fault of their own and sometimes just for no good reason we lose the riders around us.

I never thought it would hit so close to home but it finally has. Arriving at work this morning I find that a co-worker who rides a ninja 600 got in an accident versus a car and died this past Friday. I have no details yet, just the sad news. I do know that he always wore gear though so this news is a bit disconcerting. Say a prayer for Jason Powers here in Sacramento, CA if you are so inclined.

My heart goes out to him and his friends and family but it makes me think. Why do we ride? Even when I hear of this news this morning I will continue to ride. Why do we take these chances? Why do we encourage our loved ones to do the same thing? Are there other things in life that could give us the same thrill? Fill the same hole?

Will I still ride? Of course. I rode into work this morning and I will continue. I guess it is just a lifestyle for me.

Be careful out there folks. I would hate for your friends and co-workers to go through this too.

His family is in my prayers. I just went through this with a co-worker last month.

P.

sad.gif

RIP Rider. Prayers sent.

We are in-tuned to rider accidents..that is why they are on our minds. People die every day from one thing or another. We just have to be careful. We enjoy riding and that is why we do it, even with the dangers that we are all aware of.

Any loss, whatever the cause, is a great tragedy.

"why do we ride" ?? wouldnt you rather die living then live dieing?
you could live in your house affraid to go outside thinking you are safe there,how many people have fallen down the steps or fallin in the bathtub and died,how many people have died in a house fire while sleeping.man,you can die at any moment in life,why not do the things you enjoy until your # comes up.if you live worrying about dieing then you will never truely live..
beerchug.gif

Been through it with a cousin 5 years ago; named my youngest son after him because he was killed while I was pregnant
sad.gif

...tough decision to keep riding, but I think it's in you to be a rider (as corny as that may sound) and it's tough to give it up, never look back and NOT miss it...in turn, I do think it makes many of us even more aware of the dangers and we hopefully all take the extra measures to stay as safe as we can...

RIP to your friend, Jason Powers...so sad
sad.gif
I'm so sorry
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

It's always tough when it hits so close to home.
All we can do as riders is be vigilant in watching
out for the other guy and riding within our means.
I always tell people that riding a Motorcycle (any motorcycle)
is dangerous and you have to be alert and aware of
your surroundings at all times. Well with that being said
Prayers and well wishes go out to our departed friend and
his loved ones........................

RIP.

A reminder to live, love and laugh...cuz if you don't, the few friends you MAY have won't miss you.

My thought's to his family and friends.

I have been lucky in not losing anyone dear to me, but just this weekend I met a guy at a wedding my wife dragged me to. He used to ride up to 10 years ago until he lost 3 friends in one summer. After the third loss, he stopped riding but kept his bike for another 7 years. Never got back on, sold it the following summer.  That was sad to hear.  
sad.gif

Everyone!...watch yourselves out there.

Sadly I think he was only 21 or so and no I don't believe he was ever in the military.

A person can die of anything, or sometimes apparently nothing.

Can't live thinking about it all the time, but I know it's hard when we lose someone we know.

My heart goes out to him and his loved ones.

--Wag--

Back