Another magazine to pick up about the '08....

sorry i have a few DUMB questions does the 08 busa take a TRE like the older busas??

AND WHAT IS THE REAL ACTUAL SPEED ON THE 2008 BUSA (GPS READINGS)??

It really doesn't matter because it was NOT a stock de-restricted 08. It was a modified de-restricted 08. It's basically just another "my dad can beat up your dad" article.

which magazine?
Two Wheels Only - T.W.O.

This issue here:

TWO_Jan08.jpg

I got this issue a couple days ago at Barnes & Noble. It has some excellent K8 articles, in addition to the De-restricted article. Also has a sidebar article on comparing the K8 with the ZX-1400... heh.... you can probably guess the outcome of that comparo.  

Note that in order to achieve the (ahem) top speed number, they used (among other things) a 4-2-1 Yosh system.

It's only happenstance that I ordered up a Yosh 4-2-1 system for my Busa today.  
cool.gif

The polished stainless system you see on Black/Gray Busa on the cover here is actually from the 2007 K7 bike. The total mods they did to reach the final top speeds were:

1) installed a TRE
2) 2007 Yosh 4-2-1, with a decibel-killer baffle insert from a 2007 GSX-R1000K7
3) PCIIIusb (also from a K7) with a DynoJet mapping that resulted from a couple looooong dyno sessions
4) Renthal 42T rear sprocket

Perhaps the most important aspect of this issue is to note that this was one of the highest speed runs ever produced from a 100% road-legal production bike, putting an end (once and for all) to the eternal, never-ending argument of which color bike is the fastest.  
laugh.gif
Just think what the MPH would have been if they did the test on a Org/Blk Busa, probably around 212.08 MPH.
laugh.gif
drools.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

laugh.gif

It really doesn't matter because it was NOT a stock de-restricted 08. It was a modified de-restricted 08. It's basically just another "my dad can beat up your dad" article.
Give it time.....I plan to do all these tests with mine when it arrives. I will probably be attending the Texas Mile and a few other secret locations.

I will document it all with GPS. Stock, unrestricted, pipe/pc, lowered, geared, etc.
cool.gif

How much are those Yosh 4-2-1 pipes going for? I'm thinking my Brock's Alienhead is much better deal, and since its pipe to pipe comparo, the Brocks setup was faster and I'm thinking is more affordable..

Either way you cut it, mild bolt-on bike breaking 200 is fricken awesome. I didn't see mention of a after market filter, be it BMC or PipperX etc.. No airbox mod, no veloshitty stax, etc... just a simply full exhaust and PCIII. Why take the sprocket +2 in the rear? I dunno, but it worked for them.

How much are those Yosh 4-2-1 pipes going for? I'm thinking my Brock's Alienhead is much better deal, and since its pipe to pipe comparo, the Brocks setup was faster and I'm thinking is more affordable..

Either way you cut it, mild bolt-on bike breaking 200 is fricken awesome. I didn't see mention of a after market filter, be it BMC or PipperX etc.. No airbox mod, no veloshitty stax, etc... just a simply full exhaust and PCIII. Why take the sprocket +2 in the rear? I dunno, but it worked for them.
i paid just under 1k shipped for the r-77 4-2-1 system (carbon fiber).

but i have yet to receive it... suppose to get it mid January as there is a delay from yoshimura.

Back