Another magazine to pick up about the '08....

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
A great magazine to pick up for the collection to read. They DE-restricted the '08 and ran it flat out to find the real Top Speed. I don't want to spoil it but they ran faster than any other magazine (so far) with the '08 bike unrestricted...
super.gif

The title says....

08 BUSA BOOSTED
World Exclusive- DE-RESTRICTED! 190BHP!
HERE'S HOW FAST IT REALLY GOES...

which magazine?
Two Wheels Only - T.W.O.

This issue here:

TWO_Jan08.jpg

I got this issue a couple days ago at Barnes & Noble. It has some excellent K8 articles, in addition to the De-restricted article. Also has a sidebar article on comparing the K8 with the ZX-1400... heh.... you can probably guess the outcome of that comparo.

Note that in order to achieve the (ahem) top speed number, they used (among other things) a 4-2-1 Yosh system.

It's only happenstance that I ordered up a Yosh 4-2-1 system for my Busa today.
cool.gif

The polished stainless system you see on Black/Gray Busa on the cover here is actually from the 2007 K7 bike. The total mods they did to reach the final top speeds were:

1) installed a TRE
2) 2007 Yosh 4-2-1, with a decibel-killer baffle insert from a 2007 GSX-R1000K7
3) PCIIIusb (also from a K7) with a DynoJet mapping that resulted from a couple looooong dyno sessions
4) Renthal 42T rear sprocket

Perhaps the most important aspect of this issue is to note that this was one of the highest speed runs ever produced from a 100% road-legal production bike, putting an end (once and for all) to the eternal, never-ending argument of which color bike is the fastest.
laugh.gif

big thanks war, but if you want a kiss from me.... you must send picutres of the magazine
whistling.gif
laugh.gif

I find that it is a pity, to have made this test, while adding, and the muffler, and the PWC3 like changing the transmission ratios... they are stupid these English guys
ohthedrama.gif

big thanks war, but if you want a kiss from me.... you must send picutres of the magazine
whistling.gif
laugh.gif
Er.... here's a single pic from the article, but I'll let you save your kiss, thanks anyway...
sadnews.gif
laugh.gif

TWO_Jan08_sideshot.jpg

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I find that it is a pity, to have made this test, while adding, and the muffler, and the PWC3 like changing the transmission ratios... [/quote]

rock.gif

Perhaps it's the language barrier here, but the PC-IIIusb is definitely not like changing transmission ratios; it is simply fuel management only. Dropping 2 teeth from stock on the rear sprocket is (obviously) a gear ratio change, no question. Neither modification is uncommon, and both are legal mods in most countries, to my knowledge.

Even the Yosh 4-2-1 is street-legal, with the GSR-R1000K7 baffle installed....
dunno.gif

laugh.gif

whistling.gif

laugh.gif
Er.... here's a single pic from the article, but I'll let you save your kiss, thanks anyway...  
sadnews.gif

laugh.gif

TWO_Jan08_sideshot.jpg

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I find that it is a pity, to have made this test, while adding, and the muffler, and the PWC3 like changing the transmission ratios... [/quote]

rock.gif

Perhaps it's the language barrier here, but the PC-IIIusb is definitely not like changing transmission ratios; it is simply fuel management only. Dropping 2 teeth from stock on the rear sprocket is (obviously) a gear ratio change, no question. Neither modification is uncommon, and both are legal mods in most countries, to my knowledge.

dunno.gif
[/quote]
kissass.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

whistling.gif

laugh.gif
sadnews.gif

laugh.gif

TWO_Jan08_sideshot.jpg

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

rock.gif

dunno.gif
[/quote]
i know who is it a pwc 3
banghead.gif
laugh.gif

i say that for the modification : " rental 42T rear sprocket " not the same that the original busa 08, do you understand me
sadnews.gif

and pwc3 with yosh : normally = more power than the original bike
puke.gif

why don't you speak french like me
sad.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sadnews.gif

They had to use a black bike because there's only 75 orange ones in the UK and they are all sold. Even the press cant get hold of one.

rock.gif
Ain't Shid...

Brock's 08' busa did 202.3...
cool.gif
Yes but most people consider Brock a private tuner and some people have yet to give him credit for it since they don't think his bike is basic mods. Some of the haters still claim he had more work done to it so.....

....this magazine article had a bunch of regular journalists break 200mph with nothing more than a couple bolt-ons that ANYONE can do in there own garage. That was the point, that all the haters saying it couldn't be done can now STFU...
laugh.gif

Cool...
winkold.gif

Thanks for the pic Warchild. I was going to post one up today so people could find it easier...
thumb_up.gif

rock.gif
 Ain't Shid...

Brock's 08' busa did 202.3...
cool.gif
Yes but most people consider Brock a private tuner and some people have yet to give him credit for it since they don't think his bike is basic mods.  Some of the haters still claim he had more work done to it so.....

....this magazine article had a bunch of regular journalists break 200mph with nothing more than a couple bolt-ons that ANYONE can do in there own garage.  That was the point, that all the haters saying it couldn't be done can now STFU...  
laugh.gif

Cool...  
winkold.gif
I got ya...
thumb_up.gif

I have been dealing with Brock and his people for my exhaust/PCIII etc., and I think they are stand up folks... JMHO...

Finally a 08 Busa Pic with Black Rims. MUCH BETTER then the Gold.
Jon(Loomis).

Back