Another kickstand question...

JrGMan

Registered
Was wondering if anyone has tried the adjustable kickstand from NYC Parts pictured below. It sells for $150 and I have read enough horror stories of bikes falling over that I was thinking about trying something other than the factory stand. I found a post regarding the Schnitz Racing kickstand which looks real similar but there appears to be differences. Thanks for any feedback!
cool.gif

NYC_Parts_Kickstand.jpg

i have one like it but its not one of those brands.... works fine... hasn't fell over yet.

I have this one:
101_1503.jpg

I had this one but the screw fell out while riding and the bottom half was lost.
05f9_1_b.JPG

You can look at them and clearly see the first one looks far better cosmetically as well as in terms of durability. The only problem is the base doesn't sit flush on the ground.

i also have the one nightcrawler had... got it for $99 which is cheaper than most.

Unlike him, I've used some loctite prior to installing it.

Looks sweet and works well. Can't beat it.

IMG_0886.JPG

I have that NYC stand. Whacha wanna know?

First impressions:<ul>
Its extremely short, good for a hammered bike.
Not a lot of adjust ability, went up a hole in the rear (on a 3 hole) and had to go back stock.
seems well made, no problems with it holding up. [/list]

DSC02641.jpg

(samw5 @ Jun. 08 2007,10:35) i also have the one nightcrawler had... got it for $99 which is  cheaper than most.

Unlike him, I've used some loctite prior to installing it.
Hey Mister Smarty Pants ... I didn't use loctite because I'm constantly raising and lowering my bike for drag racing and regular street riding.
tounge.gif

The 1st pic. (the one with the ring in it) IMO,sux! very sloppy fit job on the adjustable sleeve. JMO.
I have the one in the 2nd pic. I put a dab of loctite on the little screw,never had a problem.

I've got to get me one of these. I've got a stocker that I cut an inch out of the middle of it.

If you're constantly changing the height of the bike it would be a good purchase, but if you're slamming the bike and gonna leave it low, I would just cut the factory stand. If I wasn't lowering the bike, just concerned about it falling I would do the side stand mod and notch the factory stand.
all_coholic.gif

(brendanp @ Jun. 08 2007,12:51) The 1st pic. (the one with the ring in it) IMO,sux! very sloppy fit job on the adjustable sleeve.  JMO.
I have the one in the 2nd pic. I put a dab of loctite on the little screw,never had a problem.
What do you mean by "sloppy"? Mine slides fine and there is practically no gap between the 2 halves.

Personally I think the one with the ring is stronger in likes of "heavy-duty" (perfect for the weight of the Busa), better quality, easier to adjust since there are no tools required which is perfect for me since I ride around 1" down but race at 3" down, and flat out looks better.

My front is lowered an inch and dropped 2 more via a lowering strap and I have Soupy's adjustable links in the rear to go from 1 to 3 and back to 1 with no problems. The ring one is a much better choice for me since I can adjust it on the fly. The one with the screw is better for those who have set their ride a certain height and leave it there ... unless you're going to put loctite on it everytime you change the height.

Back