Another Horsepower Shoot Out Victory

btreaves

Registered
The Setting...

Sunday, June 13, 2004
10th Annual Fastlane Cycles Horsepower Shootout
Chantilly, VA.

I think there were over 100 bikes there.

The 1st place winner made 410rwhp, but he had a ZX-12R with a huge turbo on it running at 24 pounds of boost...Whatever that means. He even had a bottle if he needed it. The thing was awsome...If I can get someone to host the video I'll post the dyno run...I've never seen anything like it. It put on one hell of a show.

I came in "Second" if you can call it that with 163.4rwhp (2000 Hayabusa)

3rd place was 162.4rwhp (2002 ZX-12R) This guy just knew he was gonna knock me off...He said his bike would make 170+rwhp...NOT!

4th place was 162.1rwhp (2002 Hayabusa)

But I was happy with second considering my engine is stock and normally aspirated.

Thanks again Brock! I had one hell of a weekend!

Congrats BT.
smile.gif

Thanks!

The vids are really small...Probably less than 4 megs. Unfortuately there a little grainy, but you can easily make out what's going on...I've got to get more comfortable with my digital camera...At least the video mode.

Can you host and tell me what to do?

Congrats man!!
Im going to a dyno day comming up
I have the same pipe
i was just wondering what one of brock's maps did you run?

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087247480 -->

no offense... .. and i'm sure your probably running more HP than mine (01 w/micron) but I thought the BDE were supposed to produce more extra hp than that? ..

assuming your bike was around 155... isn't a 8hp gain sorta small for the hype around the BDE setup?

or am I just expecting too much?

like I said.. i've never dynoed mine, and it's a micron so I'm sure it's not as much or whatever.. just curious ya know.

To be honest I thought I'd see more peak horsepower myself. The dyno operator told me that his dyno is usually 5rwhp lower than most, but who knows. We usually dyno our bikes on the street around here. I've run BUSA's, ZX-12R's, GSXR-1000's, ZX-10R's, R1's and I've punished them all from stop light to stop light or in roll-ons. I don't really care about the dyno numbers at this point cuz I know it's running like a striped ape based on street testing.

I've also learned that peak horsepower isn't everything. Midrange is really what you need and apparently I've got mid range by the ton. Basically my dyno curve moved to the left on the graph and I pick up 8-10 rwhp and lost a few pounds.

I'm very satisfied.

Thanks Brock!

smile.gif
cool I wish they would have those around me.

lots of things can affect your dyno numbers, like if yiur chain is abit loose it can rob 5 or more and the humidity and like you said his dyno seems low also

Back