Another exhaust question

binx

Registered
I want it louder and I have a full rs-3 and want to cut the 20'' can down a few inches to like 14 or 16. Will I have to remap it with a shorter can ? I called yosh and they said dont go shorter than 14, I was also told that I can use any can they make cause they are all 2 1/4 outlet. Was thinkin 14" TRC. Again same question will I need to remap with the TRC or shorter can and how much louder would it be ?

No map needed, and it will be noticeably louder but not obnoxiuos. More of a deeper tone than loud.

Thats really what I want. Exhaust was on bike when I bought it. I really dont like yosh products, kind of sounds like a civic with a pipe or hole in the exhaust..IMO..lol

Yoshi makes track proven stuff and in no way does my busa sound like a honda with a can on it.I too want a little more sound.

I know..its just yosh stuff just sounds high pitched to me that why I wanted to shorten it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I got a add on to this subject.
So, I have a 20" hindle/brocks oval but would like it louder but not obnoxious. How much would it go up if I took off like 3" and some of the packing material?

I got a add on to this subject.
So, I have a 20" hindle/brocks oval but would like it louder but not obnoxious. How much would it go up if I took off like 3" and some of the packing material?

Shortening will give it a deeper tone, and not be alot louder. Removing packing will give it a hi pitch sound, and it will be alot louder, most would say obnoxious.
You could remove packing first and put the endcap(s)back on without rivets. Rev the bike and see if it's what you want. If you do, then pop in new rivets and you're done. If you want to cut the can some too it'll get a little louder, as it'll already be very loud.
If that's too loud, then cut about 4" to 6" of length off and re wrap the packing.
Again put it back together without rivets and rev it. Cut more for looks and sound, when it's where you want it, drill new rivet holes and reassemble.

I know..its just yosh stuff just sounds high pitched to me

curious if the packing has been removed from your pipes? I have beeen using YOSH for decades now and this is the 1st time I've heard it described as "high pitched" ???

Back