another exhaust ?

kennym4

Registered
Has anyone tried using a different brand of exhaust can than the headers ? Like I have a full Hindle 4-2-1 could I put say a Yosh can on my headers ?? I guess as long as they fit, or you made them fit they should work, but how well ?

I know I read MANY of articles where they were doing it. Like 2 of my favorites (one was in the Rats Hole contest, or made for them ? And the other I can't think of the name, but it was pretty popular. It was puple & white ??), they were using some brand of header, and then putting on a can made for an R-6. But, these were show bikes. So I'm sure they weren't worried about how they performed.

kennym4

Registered
This is the Purple one..URBAN INCUSION: Custom Hayabusa

It's a Micron header system, with an modified R-6 moto GP can.

The other is Trac Rat. I think it's the same set-up ?

http---motorcycling.speedtv.com-article-urban_incusion_custom_hayabusa-.jpg

48809459.7821.1034800_medium.jpg

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
In theory a can is tuned to perform with the header it was designed and made for. But anything is possible. Just need to get it mapped or flashed by someone decent.

RSD.

1busa

Registered
A good welder/fabricator I guess anything is possible but the question is why?? A Lot of those type of bikes are 4 show and HP and performance were probably not a high priority :whistle:

A good welder/fabricator I guess anything is possible but the question is why?? A Lot of those type of bikes are 4 show and HP and performance were probably not a high priority :whistle:
I REALLY like the look of those, but figured....how often are they even started, let alone going down the street ?

Thanks peoples !!

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdiddy313