Another crossover...but still keeping my harley's.

apehog

Registered
Hello...I just registered on this forum and was somewhat surprised to find that there are Harley owners who have taken a whole new direction as I am thinking about doing. I've never owned anything but a Hog aand love them for what they are..BUT...I'm soon to take the radical step of buying a sport bike to go along with an FXST and a FLHTCUI.

I may have to sell the FXST to finance the Busa, but this might be the most practical thing for me to do and still keep my wife happy. I'm 5'9" 170lbs. Oh yeah...and I'm 47 yrs. old too! Is this some kind of midlife thing?..lol

Don't know about a "midlife thing" but I am 53 and still have my Harleys and a Busa!  Some of us are just schizo I guess!  At any rate, welcome to the madness! Enjoy your rides!!
biggrin.gif

Welcome!  ...the inmates run the asylum!

...plenty of <s>antiquated</s>..uh what I mean is....<s>old people</s>...no wait...um....mature riders....yeah that's it!  Plenty of mature riders here!

cowboydance.gif

Dude...You can't goto STURGIS on a Busa! And what will your friends think...Resist the Dark-Side.

Anyhow welcome to the forum, and what took you so long to decide on getting the Best bike in the World!?

Get Yourself a Set of Balls from RubbersideDown, and make yourself at home.

Went from a Sportster to a Busa when I was 58. Way more fun. But careful, she bites.

I'm 42 and still have my other 2 harleys. The more I ride the Busa,the more I luv it!
Welcome and def. post up pics.
Take her slow and easy,get used to the feel and power first...learn to respect it and you will have no troubles.

yes..then ur start dyeing ur hair and wearing clothes too big for you and listening to hip hop and rap....welcome to the board that keeps you young.
laugh.gif

I came from cruisers to the BUSA too, and have loved every minute of it welcome to the Org and when you get your new lady post up some pics
cool.gif

Welcome.

I am recently made the move from Harley (fatboy) to the busa after many years on the Harley. No regrets. The busa is powerful and comfy with a peg mod and higher bars to fit my 6'3" height.

I won't go back; it would be like climbing out of an exoctic sports car into a VW.

Welcome. I went from a cruiser to the busa at age 55 and I love it. Wish I had bought the busa years ago!

Got em both, the Busa and the Harley.... never ride the Harley any more, sell both of yours to finance the Busa and then all the mods you will no doubt be doing as the mod bug bites all....
cool.gif

Thanks to all for the support....I'll keep the dresser, but the sale of the softtail will finance not only the 'busa, but also some mods....thinking about waiting 'till the '07's come out...then maybe the engine mods won't be so necessary..lol.

btw...hayabusas are going for msrp in some parts of Houston and up to $1500 over at others..

btw...hayabusas are going for msrp in some parts of Houston and up to $1500 over at others..
Shop around, you can get better prices than that espescially if you are willing to travel... even here in AZ where you can "comfortably" ride 10 months out of the year I got mine for @ 10,500 tax, tag, title, out the door...

Back