And you think its cold where you live

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Well I had to snap a quick photo of the temp gauge in my Jeep this morning on my way home from work. That's right the temp here this morning in Minneapolis MN is -18F and dropping. The Wind Chill is aprox -35F to -40F at 7am.

I work tonight at 6pm, and the high for today should hit about -5F around 3pm, so not sure what it will be at 6pm, but I plan on riding the GSX-R750 about 20 miles each way into work. I would take the Busa, but the cold weather has killed my battery, and the Battery Tender just ain't bringing it back to life.

18jcs.jpg

SHOCKED.gif
ugh no way. to cold for me
bowdown.gif
to you for rideing. be careffull
super.gif

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

oh my! that is cold..no..that is frezzing cold..no..that is awful cold..

Wow!

SHOCKED.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Huh? Why would you even contemplate riding your bike in negative degree weather?

That's just ignant', for lack of a better word.

(Zuki @ Feb. 03 2007,05:22) Well I had to snap a quick photo of the temp gauge in my Jeep this morning on my way home from work. That's right the temp here this morning in Minneapolis MN is -18F and dropping. The Wind Chill is aprox -35F to -40F at 7am.

I work tonight at 6pm, and the high for today should hit about -5F around 3pm, so not sure what it will be at 6pm, but I plan on riding the GSX-R750 about 20 miles each way into work. I would take the Busa, but the cold weather has killed my battery, and the Battery Tender just ain't bringing it back to life.

18jcs.jpg
Man,that's cold.I thought 20-30 degrees was cold like it is here in Maryland.
race.gif

I have left for a 100 mile trip at -20© and when I got back, without windchill it was -39©.

Snowmobile though, but still cold. We never even think of the cold when the snow is good. Besides, thats when the 2 strokes run the best.

(Zuki @ Feb. 03 2007,05:22) Well I had to snap a quick photo of the temp gauge in my Jeep this morning on my way home from work. That's right the temp here this morning in Minneapolis MN is -18F and dropping. The Wind Chill is aprox -35F to -40F at 7am.

18jcs.jpg
Ok Babe! This is where I will have to put my foot down and some women laws!!! No riding in this weather!!!!
crazy.gif
I can't even go out there for more then 2 minutes without freezing. However, if you do please be safe.
Love you, and don't want to have a frozen boyfriend!

tounge.gif

Wow... So after reading your post, I suited up and rode for about 20 minutes. 15 degrees here. No plans to do that again..... I've found the low 30's is my limit and only willing to do that when I need a "fix." Damn winter!

Errr....Might be smart on my part just to edit this post, and leave it at that.

crazy.gif

If you were to ride in that weather, what gear to you have that keeps you comfortable? Do you worry about cold tires???

If you don't ride tonight, you are a bigger man in my book for making a conservative decision so that you can ride more on a better day.

Back