Anbout how much are used plastics worth?

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, my tank is pristine, but the rest of my plastics have wither surface scratches an on sife has some gouges. I'm thinking of selling the to off set the price of a new set. They look good, but I'm kinda a perfectionist. I may even just have the whole set filled sanded and painted black. Anyone know about how much to expect?

Also, I've seen a few guys on ebay that sell complete sets "everything" for about $1800 because they buy Busas for the engines then part out the rest. Does that seem right?

Finally I never seem to see people selling 2005 black/gry plastics, why is that? No one ever wreck the things?

Well, the tail, nose and lowers are approx $300 to 400 each depending on where you buy - tank will depend on where also... for $1800 you could just about replace the stock plastic with OEM brnad new stuff... don't think I would go to EBay for that...Selling dahaged plastics, you are entering something of a buyer's market... there are a few peices of plastic for sale here - best bet might be to post up pics and ask for offers... just my .02

I paid $400 for nose, tail and lowers (right and left) if that gives you any idea. Those selling complete sets for $1800 don't do very well when you can buy new for almost that. A good single color paintjob will run you around $1800-$2000 and you can probably sell your set for a $1000, give or take (depending on timing and quality).

EBAY HAS MADE THE PRICE OF FAIRINGS REDUCED GREATLY ESPECIALLY USED ONES SIDES GO FOR $125 EA. NOSE 150-200, TAILS $100 AND SEAT COWLS 110.00 THE REASON IS GUYS LIKE ME WHO HAVE PEOPLE WHO CAN PLASTIC WELD THEM I BUY ALOT AN HAVE THEM REPAINTED TO MATCH MY CURRENT PAINT SCHEMES IN CASE OF CRASHES

I BOUGHT THIS SET AND PAINTED THEM

View attachment Hot001.jpg

Back