An open mind....

Two quotes from the same little guy:

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err."

"All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take."

I have an open mind as far as speaking too much of it, but as far as opening it up to the unsensible ramblings of morons, it' s sealed tighter than a drum! I have my beliefs, and I feel 100% correct 99% of the time. When I speak my beliefs, I find that other people have no f'ing clue what the hell they are talking about! I swear, you can say that the sky is blue, and some nimrod is going to argue with you! I have lost all faith in people as a whole possessing the ability to make the right choices that are in their own best interest. Some people think Al Gore knows what he' s talking about. Some people voted for John Kerry. Some people believe that the death penalty is too harsh, but I' ll bet they' d change their mind, if a family member of their' s was killed! I believe in a totalitarian system. One person to make the decisions for the greater whole of mankind. :whistle: :vader:

Nothing wrong with being open minded, and be careful about checking all info .......... some folks are very convincing. Jim Jones comes to mind :whistle:

What's this arcade thingy ???

Do you have an open mind?

Have you ever been shown the opposing perspective about a given issue and realized that there may be some sense to it?

yep...it's called "growing up"...and it stings when you realize that all that you fought for and believed in was...dead wrong and evil.

imagine how easy it is for the taliban to recruit...lost young men who's homes and families have been desimated...who live in a society driven by religion...so much so that they never had need for prisons until we built the 1st one for them...where sexual torture and humiliation was the order of the day...being attacked by a high tech army of infidels...with their commanders always reminding them that if they get taken alive?..they will be thrown in this new thing called a "prison" where they will be sexually abused and tortured daily by an army of twisted psychopaths..now...how hard are they gonna fight...what will they be willing to forfit for "the cause"?

then again?...i hafta seriously question any religion which mandates that an infidel (non-believer) be given one chance to "convert" and if they don't?..not only are you obligated to take their life but it's considered a holy and rightouse act?....wtf...i gotta question any religion that considers "killing others who believe differently" as a holy thing...what god are you serving?

and that's coming from a 51 year old former marine who's hero is Ghandi. LOL!

L8R, Bill. :cool:

So thick, can walk on it.???

flak.jpg

So, you question christianity?

absolutely....as a matter of fact?...i question every denominational label that man places upon his beliefs...as some of the ugliest wars and acts against humanity were "belief driven" by those who were mindlessly ordered to do so by governments who ideology was reinforced by no seperation of church and state but backed by it.

my god is that lil voice in my head that constantly reminds me with every action i commit wether i'm doing right or i'm do'in wrong...which now that i'm older and (maybe) wiser?...tells me that taking food, lodging and Ca$h in return for flying 1/2 way around the world to break hearts and take souls maybe ain't such a great idea...guess this old marine is gett'in soft in his old age...is giving peace a chance such a bad idea?..or is the order of the day to control mens hearts, minds and souls?

and if the history i've read is anywheres near accurate?.."chistianity" is not without a bit of a dark past of it's own...mans best thinking...and we ain't always that smart...as in...what part of "Thou Shalt NOT Kill" are folks gett'in confused about..as i do believe in Gods laws...there's only 10 of'em and they're very clearly stated...no gray areas there...only when man ammends them...much like our constitution eh?

well?...there's my open mind...and may you find peace my brother...i know your going through it....the morphing...free will='s open mind and it's a beautuful thing...we all grow old...we think we grow wise...but the key to life is to grow happy.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

There have been a lot of people killed in the name of religion throughout the ages, but I think more would be killed in the absence of it...

There have been a lot of people killed in the name of religion throughout the ages, but I think more would be killed in the absence of it...

really?...lets see if this works...turn yer volume up...but make sure the kiddies ain't within earshot...

i rock..LOL! :thumbsup: :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf...i gotta question any religion that considers "killing others who believe differently" as a holy thing...what god are you serving?

That' s something that always confused me. Those religious fanatics flip out and kill people for no good reason, just a difference of belief. Some people may need to be removed from society for the greater good of us all, but as long as they aren' t raping, killing, etc. how can any God tell you to go out and kill other people? ???

Oh boy...I have a boat full.

I once saw GWB as doing no wrong. The last 4 years of his presidency I went from firm supporter to apathetic half-hearted Republican in name only. Much of this was due to information that was revealed to me from the Left. I am still a staunch Conservative, but I have come to recognize the ills in my own party.

I was once very anti-gay until I worked with a gay guy who showed me that he's just another guy...he just doesn't share my taste in women. I have also shifted from being anti-gay marriage to being pro civil union.

I also once believed in the Federal Government as something to be respected. It was only the last 5-7 years that I realized it is the government that should be respecting me.

I got many more.....I have grown a LOT on the last decade and much of it was due to outside influence.

I thank you for putting into print your second paragraph, if more were as understanding or got to know, we're just people.

Education leads one to open mind. Hence the importance of education. One with open mind can learn for himself. It could be a hinderance for a tyrant. So if government wants to reign over it's people, encourage it's people to celebrate ignorance. Feed them with circus, supress free thinking, honor falsehoods.

Scare them with imaginary enemies. Make citizens believe how vulnerable they are without protection of the state.
Posted via Mobile Device

Education leads one to open mind. Hence the importance of education. One with open mind can learn for himself. It could be a hinderance for a tyrant. So if government wants to reign over it's people, encourage it's people to celebrate ignorance. Feed them with circus, supress free thinking, honor falsehoods.

Scare them with imaginary enemies. Make citizens believe how vulnerable they are without protection of the state.
Posted via Mobile Device

North Korea?

Back