Amsoil

It is not the oil. You have something else going wrong with the bike. I'd have the entire clutch system looked at if it sounds like the motor is running ok and it is the clutch. If the motor is bucking, then you have a possible fuel problem that will need professional diagnosis. Good Luck and let us know what it is when you get it fixed.

Is an 06 s carb motor? If it is that could easily be the problem with 12,000 miles on it. Might just need some minor adjustments on the carbs.

Oh heck with it. Just trade it in on a brand new Busa and be done with it.:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Some time ago, I serviced all my bikes the same day and changed to a new oil. Then I took each out for a test ride and the Harley back wheel locked up solid just before a stop sign.

Also though it was the oil, but found out that because of the differences in bikes, I hit the kill switch instead of the indicator switch. Took a few senior moments to figure that out. :laugh:

You probably just did not notice the clutch before.

You probably just did not notice the clutch before.

Probably so because of the Suzuki mechanism design though. Oil companies market on perception of smoother running and such . Bike related oil changes people think about clutches, shift perception alot.

I saw a post once saying the engine picked up idle speed after an oil change --- sure wasn't the oil being better or slicker in that instance.

Probably so because of the Suzuki mechanism design though. Oil companies market on perception of smoother running and such . Bike related oil changes people think about clutches, shift perception alot.

I saw a post once saying the engine picked up idle speed after an oil change --- sure wasn't the oil being better or slicker in that instance.

I agree with the perception part.
I know from my last `Busa that after in as little as 600 miles of floggin it, it would not shift as smooth. Drain and fill with conventional oil after those 600 miles and it`s like new again...for about $12.00...$20.00 with a filter.
I`m considering Rotella T 15-40 that has the JASO MA rating for $13.76 per four quarts for my new machine.
I ran Amsoil in the HD, and have run Mobil1 in the wifes truck since new, so I can realize the benefits of a synthetic motor oil, just not going that route with the `Busa.

Depending on usage , an owner can certainly lube a stock Busa on the newer CJ-4 15w-40 Diesel/Fleet oils for less money over the long haul.

Of those currently available and in context with my above paragraph, I like the Chevron Delo. Sweet additive pack not tacked onto the price .

Trends and running Zero weights - I got news for them , no such thing as a Zero wt :thumbsup:

It's just friday - I slept good and all that :beerchug:

I used amsoil for the first time, and I getting a little gittering when I start off, after the bike has been sitting for a while. I'm thinking the clutch is slipping, and I'm thinking cause of the oil. Never happen before, I'm trying to eliminate what it could be, any suggestions? Like I said it just when I take off (not hard) after it's been sitting like over night.

Oil is used to cool the clutch - plain and simple . This is full of IF's so read on.

If one or more of the steels have been hot or slight warp -

If the previous oil was mineral based using either groupI , groupII or combination of both , it had whats called more < inherent lubricity > than the oil you switched to.

If the oil formula you had previously used a tackifier in the brew, it, along with the base oils could have stuck to the parts when cold and cushioned what your feeling now -

That oil you switched to has the inherent lubricity refined smooth out of it then to a small extent, some chemicaly added back into it for lack of longer . No tackifiers either. It wouldn't make sense to use it in a synlube.

Hope that helps. Seriously :thumbsup:

Well thank you mountainmotor, for explaining that to me. Now if that's what's going on in my bike, what's the fix? Will it come out of it or what?

More info needed - PM sent , it will save time on looking for a buried 3-6 page topic reply if you or I don't revisit the site for a few days.

Back