amsoil m/c oil vs.mobil 1 mx4t

tourbus

Registered
I know there are many oil threads out there,but this one is simple i want to know which oil would be more trusted,prefered,whatever you want to call it. Im thinking of trying the amsoil m/c 10w40 but wanted some unbiased opinions. all the studies i have seen are done by amsoil thereselves. i have run mx4t for the last 5-6 years & have never had any problems with it,however it seems to be harder & harder to aquire. autozone usually is out or they have 2qts. i have an amsoil dealer just down the street & he said he can get it any time. like i said im wondering what you guys think.

My local Walmart Super has MX4T on the shelves.

I really doubt one is really that much better than the other. 5- 6 years with no problems - there you go...........

our wal-mart only carries the v-twin formula,i asked about the mx4t and i was told they couldnt get it wtf?

Talk to the store manager and threaten to call the Walmart home planet in Bentonville :laugh:- if you can't find what you need. They can get it I would think.

Aren't you in the Wichita area? Try Hampel oil 800-530-5848

Here is a link to some others in KS as well.

I buy mine from a local distributor in OKC.

As for the difference in your application. I could not say for sure. I do know Amsoil uses Mobil base stocks with their own additive packages. I have nothing against Amsoil but their distribution system and some of the sales techniques.

Maybe MountainMotor will chime in here…..

no im just south of manhattan 23miles, amsoil's distribution system sucks,it reminds me of amway or some kind of pyramid scam.i talked to my local ams dealer & he was more into trying to get me to sell it ,wouldnt that cut into his sales?looks like getting my oil on-line may be the way to go. auto zone used to be really good about carrying the mx4t but they got to where they have a qt or two on hand or out of it everytime i go in there,so i try to buy up what i can when they do have some buts it turning into a pain in the a$$

I would use neither. I run Motul 15w50 high demand synthetic.

Back