Transmission or clutch......

Bruce Bell

Registered
This is driving me crazy. I blogged on this issue before, is it my tranny or the clutch? When I first let out the clutch in 1st gear (lightly) I feel a churippy, slipping when bike starts to roll. I had never notice this before until last oil change. Did it real noticeable yesterday. It only does it when the bike has been sitting for a while. It feels like the clutch (I'm hoping), cause I would think that a transmission would just go to hell. Gears don't slip, if gears were stripped the metal would show in the oil, and it would slip all the time. Bike has 14,000, not raced my me, prior owner only put 3000 on it. The bike looked like a garage queen when I bought it. What are some things I can do to diagnose this?

Pull the clutch fibers and steels out and measure the stack. Takes about 30 minutes. You can visually inspect them and see if there is any unusual wear.

What year is the bike??

Is the clutch all stock?

Do you park it on a side stand, or swingarm stand?

How long does the bike sit for?

Yep. Its the clutch. No big deal and about 100 bucks if u can. Do it yourself. Mine did the same thing new fibers fixed it.

All stock 06, park it on kick stand. I thought it was the clutch, but it's good to hear it from others. Now, another question, I don't race it, but I like get on it when I want to feel a thrill. So, do I go stock or what's a good after-market spring and plate kit.

Oem, fibers!!!
But is it slipping at high RPMS?
All stock 06, park it on kick stand. I thought it was the clutch, but it's good to hear it from others. Now, another question, I don't race it, but I like get on it when I want to feel a thrill. So, do I go stock or what's a good after-market spring and plate kit.

OEM and don't give it a second thought! Ever!

They are good enough for many 500hp + busas. Don't get suckered into any companies flashy advertising.

i went with ebc's full srk kit not to long ago and am more than pleased, especially considering the kit is more than half the price of a full oem kit. the kit comes with hd springs but the pull difference is negligible.

Back