AMS-1000 Issues

I have attached the AMS 1000 purple activation wire directly to the pink wire coming off the GPS. The AMS reads the voltages produced by the GPS but the voltages are bouncing so randomly that the GPS is constantly reading 2 to 3 different gears, sometimes 4 gear positions from what was programmed.

Example: 1st gear 1.3V-2.3V, 2nd gear: 1.7V-3.1V, 3rd gear:2.3v-3.5v etc.. the voltages are so far stretched in each gear that they overlap by at least .5v. It will be impossible to actually use the voltages as gear positioning for the AMS. Do any of you electrical guys know how i can have the voltages regulated?

I know their has to be a way to have a voltage regulator monitor and restrict the bouncing voltages and kind of read a voltage and restrict what is being sent.. their has to be a way..

Sometimes there is a bit of tracking from one pin to the next on the gps , you could try refacing the the gps, with a bit of fine wet/dry paper and a flat surface,
on some this works wonders and others does nothing...

That's a really good idea. When I had my clutch out a few months back I didn't see any distortions on the gps but its worth a try!

Ill let you guys know if it works or not, thanks OZ, I never even thought about that..
Posted via Mobile Device

I really don't have the ambition to pull my cases apart to inspect the gps. I might as well just wire it up using a different method.
Posted via Mobile Device

I really don't have the ambition to pull my cases apart to inspect the gps. I might as well just wire it up using a different method.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't need to pull the cases, just the clutch. But, before you do that, do you have any other electronic gauges on the bike like an electric boost gauge, or are you running any other map sensor for any reason?

The boost gauge is full sweep liquid fille mechanical, and the only other eletronics are the HRC portfueler, PC3 USB and its ignition module.

I pulled the clutch basket out took a look at the GPS. How would you remove the clutch without seperating cases? I'm looking at the flywheel and its mated to the crank behind the cases. I can't pull it forward more than just an inch or so and I can't wobble it do to the input shaft. I will have to read my maintenance manual I suppose.
Posted via Mobile Device

The fuel pressure gauge is full sweep eletric. I forgot to add that in my previous reply.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh dang Chris, lol.. I'm a ruh-tard.. I knew that.. sheesh.. you will have to forgive me I have been scatter brained dealing with my gf sexting some guy she knows at work. I'm havin a hard time understanding why she keeps doing it. Another story for a another possible thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Make sure that any other electronics on the bike that use any type of 0-5V sensor are properly and fully connected, especially the grounds. Sometimes other electronics - if not properly grounded - will seek better grounds through other sources. This type of "wandering ground" situation can cause the AMS to go crazy in the gps mode . . .

If you have moved the clutch basket that far you have probably slipped the oil pump drive off the back , don't just put it back together without checking , finger tips on the oil pump gear and check it has a normal gear drive rock back and forward .

Frank you bring up a good point, ill be sure to check for bad grounds. I shouldn't have any but I can still double check them.

OZBooster, thank you for reminding me to check the oil pump I will be sure to check that as well.

I am reading my previous post.. I want to apologize, I was quite hammered last night. I did not mean to intentionally air my troubles. My bad folks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back