AMS-1000 Issues

scrappy

Registered
Today i was on the dyno with my machine. My tuner said the AMS-1000 was not seeing boost signals.. I know a few months ago when we had tuned he had no issues with the AMS-1000... ok so what is the difference between then and now? the way i re-plumbed the vacuum lines after i had to replace a head gasket..

According to the instructions the boost controller should be hooked up (vacuum lines) like this.

If you know i did something wrong please let me know.. i can no longer get signal and im not sure if its a wiring problem or if its a vacuum routing problem.

Attachments

• AMS-1000 Diagram.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,443
i believe you're supposed to pull the air supply line from behind the throttle plates, not the plenum. could be wrong, but i'm fairly certain of it.

i believe you're supposed to pull the air supply line from behind the throttle plates, not the plenum. could be wrong, but i'm fairly certain of it.

I have no idea... i asked at the shop and they said, $85 an hour and we can fix it for you, or you could take some time and figure it out for yourself and you will understand the unit a lot more than you do now."

Which is definitely a correct statement because i am not sure exactly how it all ties together.

Update on the situation, hour 15 of AMS troubleshooting. I finally made some progress, i dont know if its good progress or bad progress. I have the wastegate (with AMS sensor tapped in), the two solenoids all plumbed together and to the wastegate as to make a closed "circuit." I did this to simulate turbo boost to the wastegate and to the AMS solenoids. Ok, now here's what happening, I have the AMS set to time based boost to ramp boost from 3 psi-10psi in 3 seconds. I now apply compressed air at 15psi from an air compressor to both the wastegate and the solenoids. The AMS reads the boost (which it wasnt before), but the solenoids are not bleeding it off. I again am lost.

If i manual overide the 2nd inline solenoid using the red button on top of the solenoid it bleeds boost. I am concerend that i may have wired the solenoids backwords. i have looked at Humphreys website to find the correct wiring but they do not list information other than the volt and amps that the units are supposed to receive. I would like to know how the wires on the solenoids are setup (left side is ground right side is positive or vice versa [looking at the wires as if they were in front of you]).

I use C02 going to the line that you have marked manifold. works like a champ it is the way I hook ALL the AMS1000 up.
also are you sure you have the line under the wastegate going to the turbo?

I am 100% positive my source line from my wastegate goes directly to the turbo.

What is this CO2 thing you are referring to? I read about it in the book, is it just normal compressed co2 tank with regulator?

Well, i had planned on getting a shifter, are you saying i should source the shifter CO2 to AMS as well?

ok, well once i figure out why the AMS is not bleeding AIR (isnt that what its supposed to do?) then i will worry about co2

Thank you to Richard from RCC!!! This guy is straight up top notch!!!

I have been dealing with the AMS problem for a few days.. I talked to him for just a few minutes and he knew exactly where the problem was. I did exactly what he told me to do and now i have a working AMS-1000!

So, thank you Richard!

agreed, about Richard :thumbsup: NLR has very good support as well, so what was the problem ???

My problem was the activation wire, i did not know it NEEDS to be hooked up in order for the system to function.

Does any one have a recommendation on where they hooked up their activation wire? (its number 1 *purple wire).:thumbsup:

gear based seems to be the way to go...if you can control psi at each gear that would be ideal. This info is from what I have read I do not have experience with the ams1000.

If there is a choice on the unit there must be some advantage for either method. Good luck getting it set up and back on the road.

Back