AMA Superbike

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Cycle World just did and "initial" comparison of new Honda CBR 1000RR and the GSXR 1000. They had the Honda "unseating the King". At Daytona, the GSXR1000 won. Three of new Hondas raced. Ben Bostrom's broke, and the other 2 were second and third. So far... GSRX1000 1, Honda CBR 1000RR 0. As a side note, Eric Bostrom's Ducati 999 was leading the whole race until his bike blew up about 3/4 through the race. Ducati has never won at Datona. Doesn't look like they can go the distance at race speeds.

yea i agree with you.. i was there..at the race... i think the GSXR would have go him( Eric Bostrom's Ducati 999) anyway if he'd stayed in the race....

Sad to say isn't it that no matter what other manufacters pull out of the hat the good ole Zuks keep running on the top.

ie. 5 years the hayabusa has decreased due to gov. restrictions and other bikes have increased rwhp and the busa remains on top. sad sad sad.
biggrin.gif

banner_metalic.jpg

Guys,

If you want to know why Suzuki and Mladin won Daytona - log onto - www.superbikeplanet.com and read the report on the race. It is titled something along the lines of "Why Math is important" Mat won not only because he is a great rider, but because Yosh chose a 3 pit stop strategy which was the difference in the race. The Hondas were on a 2 stop strategy and they lost because of it. By the way Eric Bostrom on the Ducati was also on a 3 stop strategy and if he had not had a rock poke a hole in his oil cooler and spill all of his oil out it would have been very interesting to see the Ducati and the Suzuki battle out the winning 2 stop strategy to see who would have won.

Kent Sheldon

Back