World Superbide/Ducati Cup

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
The February issue of Cycle World has a pretty decent article on whats happening with world superbike. Seems the rules have been changed yet again in favor of Ducati. All four of the big Japanese manufacturers have pulled out of WSB for the 04 season. Should be interesting, watching all the Ducati's race against each other. Hopefully there will be some good privateers out there competing. On the other hand, AMA superbike could be very interesting this year with Ducati putting Eric Bostrom on a Brand New Ducati 999. Hopefully he will give Matt Maladen some competion since he should have a very competative bike this year. Heck, Eric beat him on the 750 Kawi. Any how, it should be interesting.

272top_01_03.jpg

I can not wait for the Daytona 200 - 36 more days - woo hoo.

I moving to Phoenix soon. So, I hoping for Daytona next year.

I don't know about Eric giving Matt any competition Matt's been real strong lately. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No doubt Matt had a good year last year, but he really didn't have much competion either, even from his team mate. I certainly wish him the best of luck. However, I do believe that if anyone can give him a go it will be Eric. Like you said, it will be interesting. I know Eric has the heart of a winner, I'm just not sure he on the right ride. I'd like to see Matt and Eric race on matched bikes.

The February issue of Cycle World has a pretty decent article on whats happening with world superbike.  Seems the rules have been changed yet again in favor of Ducati.  All four of the big Japanese manufacturers have pulled out of WSB for the 04 season.  Should be interesting, watching all the Ducati's race against each other.  Hopefully there will be some good privateers out there competing.  On the other hand, AMA superbike could be very interesting this year with Ducati putting Eric Bostrom on a Brand New Ducati 999.  Hopefully he will give Matt Maladen some competion since he should have a very competative bike this year.  Heck, Eric beat him on the 750 Kawi.  Any how, it should be interesting.
the ducs have a major HP disadvantage in AMA, WSB keeps restricting the inline fours, otherwise the japs would kick their arses in WSB as well.
too bad for bostrom, kaws gonna have a mighty mean machine this year along with, hunda, and yamm, look for yates and mladin to lead in points though, nothing, I mean NOTHING! beats a gixxer!

hahahaha, last year at seca mladin won the superpole! hahaha, he posted the best time out of the entire feild of WSB contenders, restricted even! but the judges fucked it up and gave yates the pole, who of course crashed right in front of mladin in the 1st lap causing him to lift and lose momentum, so he only placed third...

Back