Aluminum belly wing for one sided exhaust

Vic_E55_2001

Donating Member
Registered
Here is the problem..

Belly wing on my bike looks like shid in just 2 month since I painted my plastics pearl white. Paint has been chipped and sand blasted to the point I cant stand it anymore..
Having a lift worsen the problem because now I can see it...

So, yesterday I decided to make a custom wing. aluminum and powder coated white. I found powder very close to my white pearl. and powder can withstand abuse 100 better then any paint..

and after I extended my swingarm and installed one sided exhaust belly wing doesn`t look at place anymore.. Opening from right side mid pipe is driving my nutz and wing is too short.

I used 18x24 aluminum sheet I found somewhere...

I used cardboard to create a template, much easier to work with. I checked clearance unloading rear suspension and it`s all good.

Powdercoated nice thick coat and clear powder on top.

what do you think ? I`m very happy with results.

wing1.jpg

Looks good Vic. I would like it better if you made the angle at the "top" of the wing parallel with the swing arm, especially in pic 2. I like where your going with it though.
beerchug.gif

Looks good Vic. I would like it better if you made the angle at the "top" of the wing parallel with the swing arm, especially in pic 2. I like where your going with it though.
beerchug.gif
You mean on the left side? On the right side it`s parallel to the midpipe.. On the left side it`s parallel to the arm when my 250LB butt seating on it. ;)

Yep right there, maybe extend the back side of the wing up a little more then lop the top off along the lines of the arm. Photoshop anyone?

I like it....great job. Like the way the lines follow the exhaust up.
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif
The angle of the arm will change with load. Angle of lean on the bike while parked will also change the perception of the viewer. I like it. It's got me thinkin now, and that's dangerous!!
ThumbsUp.gif

Back