Alpinestars GP Pro Glove

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
I just broke down and ordered a new pair of gloves, decided to go with the Alpinestars GP Pro Glove. Anyone else wearing these and care to share an opinion on them??

2008_Alpinestars_GP_Pro_Glove_Grey.jpg

I've been in a pair for about six months and like them. It was a little tough to get used to the linked outer fingers and started to cut the link but decided to give it a chance; now I never even notice it. My only complaint is the sizing. I always wear an XL with no problem but these seem small; it took a while for them to stretch/break in to fit comfortably. So long as your fit is good, I believe you will like them.

Thanks for the input, I had my concerns and just about didn't go with this glove because of the linked outer fingers but figured I would give it a chance. As for fit, for some reason I ordered them a size bigger than I normally wear, guess I'll find out in a few if I did good or not.

Well I am a big fan of Alpinestar but after this weekend at Trackday I am not so sure I want to continue to use their stuff a guy went down and his gloves were a brand new set a Alpinestar gloves and the just blew out seam did not hold at all I was vert disappointed

I am considering these as well.  Tried on a pair of XLs that are too big, they didn't have any Ls in stock.

I like the wrist strap, I'm thin so I need those to keep the gloves on.  
biggrin.gif

I have been riding with a pair of the GP Tech's for about 4 months now. I have put about 5600 miles on them and am extremely happy.

The GP Pro's had a VERY different fit which honestly, I did not care for. The GP Tech's were much more tailored fitting and additionally provided more protection through better materials.

They are very well ventilated as well, I was pleasantly surprised at how much air got through my hand when spreading my fingers apart.

I also have an outstanding pair of RS Taichi GP Evo's, but they are not ventilated very well and going on seven years old, so they are a bit stretched out. I only really use them for the winter now as I can fit glove liners under them.

GP Tech in black (the color I got):

cat426198.jpg

I agree with Heavyjeffd I have been wearing a pair of GP TECH gloves for a couple months and I love them. They are deffinitly worth the extra cash.

Thanks for the input guys, I had looked at the GP Techs but wasn't sure what the key differences were. I'm in one of those areas where I don't have a shop or store that I can go to and try it on before making a decision or buying. If the size is that much different I may be shipping these back once they arrive. Then again for the difference in price if the quality of the GP Tech is that much better as you say it is I may send them back and exchange them anyway.

It's mostly the materials. The GP Techs are just made of a bit higher quality and higher durability (abrasian resistance really) materials.

I found the fit a bit better as well, it seemed more "tailored" for lack of a better way of putting it.

UPS guy brought my gloves today in his big brown truck. I know a couple of you have recommended the GP Techs but the GP Pros fit me really well. I rode a few miles tonight with them and have no complaints. At this point I believe I will keep the Pros.

The palms in both of them will wear out.

Both StealthRider00 (Yash) and I sport those, and the material in the palm deteriorates pretty quickly. Yash's are in amazingly tattered shape, mine (16000+ miles) are starting to come apart.

Great looking gloves, though, and entirely different than anything else on the market.

In general, I really like Alpinestars gear. Used enough, everything wears out!

Enjoy~

I have a pair of the GP Plus and yeah, the linked fingers took a little getting used to but now anything else feels strange.
Palms are showing just a slight amount of wear, but the stuff that's wearing looks like a cosmetic addition, like chamois or something. Maybe for added grip or just a better material to emboss "GP Plus" on.

Back