All the rain brought gravel washes!!

CWCobra

Registered
You guys be careful out there!

Finally quit raining long enough to go for a ride today. All the rain we've been having washed gravel across the roads in many, many places. I had to ride more slowly than ever today, for fear of finding a gravel wash around every corner. Especially on the back roads that I like to ride. We've probably had 12"-15" of rain in the last 30 days or so. Seems like more, if you can believe that.

If you've been itching to get back on the roads of your area after a long rainy spell, take extra care; you may have gravel washes also.

CW

Getting heavy rain all day today. Gonna have to take it easy here for a few days also. Be safe out there everyone.

Noticed that the Weather Channel now has a new name for the Southeastern US - they have started calling us "the Rain Bucket".

Raining again today in Chattanooga. Flood warnings are getting etched on my TV screen!

CW

Lotta that here too. We had 10" of rain in 36 hours last Thursday, Thurs night, and Friday morning.
Hopefully by this weekend the cars will have a couple of ruts formed in the worst of it.

Back