awesome ride ..but end up in a gravel fight

Oh, and to be honest, my damage was far less than yours without sliders...not saying they didn't help 'cause I was barely moving when I dropped my Busa in the gravel and it sounds like you were going along a bit...

My scratches were so slight, I was the only one that even noticed 'em...hrmmmm...

Looks like it really sux riding MCs all year around in beautiful CA......

tounge.gif

Glad you're OK and you had a nice ride anyway! Sorry about your scooter all scraped up!!! I have been through the gravel "learning curve". I did it early on and not on my BUSA Thank GOD!!! However, I did end up having ACL repair because of it. It doesn't matter how slow you are going! %#$ happens! I have a healthy "fear" of gravel!!!
bowdown.gif
im with you on that scooter...i will never stop on gravel anymore...from now on ill just edge along the side..then back her in...he he
biggrin.gif

Brahamabull, glad you're okay.  Busahaya told me about it today when I asked him about the ride you guys had yestersday.  Hit me up about the wet buff and repaint.  I might be able to hook you up with my sister's BF that owns a autobody shop.  You'll likely have to tear off the fairings yourself though.
...thanks eynlai...im lookin forward to your help..i first want to see if busahaya can hook it up with fairings though, becuz he said he knows someone who can get them for the fraction of the cost..so ill check that out first..im also lookin forward to go ridin with ya..were goin to bike night this wed..hit busahaya up and let us know if you can make it...

Sorry about the gravel, but otherwise it looks like a good run...

Gravel Sucks!  I believe that was the name of the thread I started just weeks after buying my Busa.  I dropped it in my driveway...happy to report I'm now a professional at maneuvering the Busa in gravel...
smile.gif
smile.gif
all good vabusa..now i think the only thing really scratched up now that im tryin ta fix is my pride...lol..
tounge.gif

smile.gif

Holy crap, What kind of sliders did you have? They don't look like they did very well compared to what they are supposed to. Sorry to hear it and I would like to know more about what brand of slider and if you did anything different from the norm in the install of them.
sad.gif
...i used the lockhart phillips cf sliders...kinda weird how they bent in...i wonder how they will fare in asphalt..i seriously do not want to find out...as for install..did it the same as anybody...
fug I just bought a set of LF C/F Frame sliders

hope they do better,

well I hope they don't have to do shid

Don't know what the big deal is with the Frame Slider issue. Regardless of whether it's bent, ground or snapped... The way I see it, it did it's job. It reduced the amount of damage to the rest of the bike by taking the blunt of that force itself.
Boy rode home with some scratched fairings (not even cracked).

Just like a bullet proof vest, it did what it was suppose to. Doesn't mean it has to come out looking pretty, or even re-usable for a second time (like a condom, eeewww!). So "Good Job, Mr. Frame Slider".

As long as it didn't cause a barrel roll or snap off any part of the frame itself.

brahmabull, do you work in the delivery industry and one of your regular routes is the NBC / Universal building?

brahmabull, do you work in the delivery industry and one of your regular routes is the NBC / Universal building?
...oh man this is a small world...i was just talking to busahaya and i told him about a hayabusa that i see on one of my routes..and he told me that the busa is yours..silver and gray ones with no hayabusa stickers right??? yeah i always admire her and wish im ridin mine whenever i pass by and see her just parked there all alone..that is crazy...what floor do you work on...or maybe we probably bumped into each other without knowing..crazy...
biggrin.gif

Wow, sorry to see that. Good news on the sliders. Haven't been there yet, but with all things, it will only be a matter of time. I too agree with riding in the dirt. Helps you learn, and tons of fun.

Rich

...oh man this is a small world...i was just talking to busahaya and i told him about a hayabusa that i see on one of my routes..and he told me that the busa is yours..silver and gray ones with no hayabusa stickers right??? yeah i always admire her and wish im ridin mine whenever i pass by and see her just parked there all alone..that is crazy...what floor do you work on...or maybe we probably bumped into each other without knowing..crazy...
biggrin.gif
hahahahha, the parking lot booth guard left me your message. He came out yelling, "
what kind of bike is that? You've heard of Hayabusa.org?"
And I left him one for you tomorrow when you do your round. I won't be in the office tomorrow. Too much to do to go to the office. I'm on the 34th floor. You wouldn't happen to be the deliver guy for DHL/Airborne Express contracted, would you?

I spoke with Busahaya before I left my office today and I'm down for the ride on Wednesday night.

hahahahha, the parking lot booth guard left me your message.  He came out yelling, "
what kind of bike is that?  You've heard of Hayabusa.org?"
And I left him one for you tomorrow when you do your round.  I won't be in the office tomorrow.  Too much to do to go to the office.  I'm on the 34th floor.  You wouldn't happen to be the deliver guy for DHL/Airborne Express contracted, would you?

I spoke with Busahaya before I left my office today and I'm down for the ride on Wednesday night.
...dhl??? hells no..screw those guys...ha ha..j/k..im really nice...
biggrin.gif
no i work for this company called deluxe..they deal with like movie stuff..you know..promos and stuff...dang this is crazy..yeah that security is pretty funny..hes cool though..well as for wed..its on..lets have fun and check out all the other bikes..

Pisser the frame slider didn't hold up better, but then again it may not have helped in the gravel.

Gravel sucks, no way around it.

Back