Speeding Ticket *fight or pay*

RedFalco

Donating Member
Registered
Well, thought it never happen - but got a ticket speculating 86mph in a 55mph zone.
Wrapping up the days drive turning onto my street I rev up to what I thought was 70 ish untill I caught up with the flow of traffic going rought 60mph. Just at that time I see the police pass by and I was braking down to the flow as he passed me. 3 miles later as I'm pulling up my driveway I hear his sirens with the order to stop. Scared the crap out of me and I was hesitant to stop because of my driveway going up hill on gravel. He sounds the siren again and of coarse I stop fighting to keep the bike upright. The bike begins to slide down hill and I'm doing everything in my power to hold the bike up. At this time the police man was behind his door with his hand on his holster telling me to get off the bike and come down here. I yelled through my helmet that "I live here" and I cant hold the bike up on this incline. He again tells me to get off the bike and come down here. I then proceeded to tell him that hie was going to have to shoot me cause I'm not getting off my bike on this gravel and the bike was heavy. So I slowly back down the bike still attempting not to let it drop working my way down the hill struggling as Johny Five is still behind his door watching me struggle with the bike telling me to leave it and come down here. I was'nt about to leave my bike in the gravel on my driveway. Well, I lost footing and did everything in my power to keep the bike up, pulled a hamstring to boot but I did not let my baby hit the gravel. About a good five minutes later as I'm inching my bike down backwards I get to a spot where I could at least find a rock and put the kick stand down with it still in gear.
Soon as that happens he asks me what am I doing up here and why was I running????????????><<<????????
Told him I lived here and I was coming home for the day. He tells me that he has these kind of bikes running from them all day long and asks me if I'm alright as the sweat pours down my face from the struggle. Said he was'nt about to come up the hill because I could of had a gun and shot him.. YEAH RIGHT... I'm gonna pull a gun while I'm fighting a 560lb beast on an incline... God it pissed me off, as he did'nt put on his sirens nor did I know he even turned around, I was just going on home. Well I took some photos of where I was stopped in my driveway and you can see the skids of the havock played trying to get the bike to safety...
Fight or Pay? 264.00 ticket.
Damn this sucks... See you at the bash tomarrow...?
:laugh:

fght.JPG

fght1.JPG

fght2.JPG

He'd had to follow me to my house on that one! Tell ya what the incline in the pics don't look that incliney so don't count on the court seein it your way!

You're lucky he didn't arrest you for evading...trust me on this one, you were lucky. I wasn't....and I was only going 9 over and keeping up with traffic..just didn't see the :cursin: cop for a mile or so...my saga continues..btw, i didn't get a ticket for anything, this will and is costing me alot...hopefully, it'll be resolved by summer, with no conviction.

Last edited:
if you were to fight this ticket, whats your defense? i fought a ticket (not riding) and it just so happens the road i was on, speed limit was 55. i was doing 50, but the speed suddenly changes to 35 and thats where the cops were.i took it to court and told the judge i was slowling down. 250 dollar ticket!!, and i didnt have to pay a dime.

good luck

Don't know what kind of area you live in but the last ticket I got in San Diego was for 95 and I hired a traffic attorney for $100. Cop didn't show up and case was dismissed.

I don't "fight" them as such. Just get a traffic attorney, get it reduced to a non-moving violation. Still gotta pay the "court costs" (same as fine usually), but keeps it off your driving record.

Jury has it... I'll pay it and move on.
I was thinking traffic attorney, but as mentioned, what is my defense other than him being a C*(k. He did mention evading, but there where 7 cars in front of me going 60 when he passed me. I followed them for about 3 miles or so before turning up my driveway (with blinker I may add) and still did'nt know he was back there before the siren blips went off and speaker megaphone of his voice caught my attention. Typically I'm very consentrated coming up my driveway all the time for obvious reasons and don't pay attention as to whats behind me. My home is just at the top of the driveway where you see it "end" in the photos.
Jerk indeed, the whole ordeal he was acting like he had something to prove and was getting revenge on me. Musta had his clocked smoked once or twice by some squids in his day and I was his satisfaction. Can't help the dark side of me thinking I shoulda put the hammer down on him. But I know I could'nt live with the guilt or the risk for that matter not to mention indangering myself and others.
Oh well, I'll just send in a check in and forget about it.
Thanks for the input and the helpful ear.
Peace out.

Last edited:
The majority says pay it, I say go to court. If you are guilty in court, you pay the fine anyway, right? Just because you go to court doesn't mean you are pleading not guilty. Explain the situation to the judge respectfully and in my personal experience, I have had the traffic fines reduced or even dismissed without having to pay court costs. Just depends on where you live I guess. I've had good luck with going to court. Good luck.

Just get a traffic attorney. You don't have to give them a defense. You don't have to go to court. They will do all the work. I think you will be surprised. Or just pay it and get points on your liscense and have your insurance go up. If you were truely speeding faster than traffic and endangering someone then just pay and take the points , but it seems to me that this guy was just looking for a bike to give a ticket to.

Last edited:
speculating 86?
If he did not have you lit up...what did he base the speed on if there were cars in front of you? Sounds like he has an issue with sportbikes since they always run from him.

I'de at least talk to a traffic atty and tell them what happened, this officer may have a track record of stuff like that.

The system wants your money, straight up, but maybe the cop thought you were one of the "other" bikes he has run from him all the time...

"Profiling" lol...

ok. so you've decided to pay. when i fought my ticket, my plan B was, if they made me pay, rather than have it on my record, insuarance go up, etc, i was going to ask the judge if the fine could go towards some charitable organization.u could try that.
i dont know why guys hire lawyers for speeding violations...unless under the influence, etc stuff. even for a 100 bucks i still wouldnt get a lawyer.prior to my court date for speeding, i went to court a few times and sat in there and observed how proceedings go. i learned ALOT!!

Back