ALL ARIZONA RIDERS (BOB JUDGE, etc.)

jzdad

Registered
been too hot to do much, did a real early morning ride to tortilla flats a bit ago. now even the night rides are hot, payson will hit 100 today, that sucks. give it another month or two.

big papa
gilbert, az

I agree. Way to hot for any daytime riding. In July & August I only ride once the sun has gone down. Its just not a pleasurable experience straddling a hot motor with the sun baking down and the asphalt baking up and an ambient temp of over 110. Screw that.

Hey boys- ditto on the heat. I use her to commute Glendale to 44st/Thomas couple times a week. Beautiful in the AM, pure hell going home. My prob is scheduling, got a full time job and computer consulting practice. With some notice I can be in.

Of late I snuck out a couple of Sats 5AM to do I-17 up the hill to sunset point then back down. I also do the I-10 to Tonopah. I can get a couple of run ups usually on that ride.

Looking forward to cooler weather and some up north rides. I had a crash in May and it was down for 8 weeks. Good as new now though.

Hey all. It is not so bad without full leathers but you dont feel as safe. I have tried wetting down a long sleeve shirt but that only helps for a while. It is usually dry by the time I hit the freeway.

I am going to try to ride to Vegas tomorrow. I should take the truck but I am going through riding withdraws.

Let me know if any of you put anything together. If anyone else wants to run up to Vegas tomorrow, ( I know it is short notice, ) let me know.

The trick is to get out early and stay up north, prescott, flagstaff, payson, heber until sundown. Coming back during daylight takes the fun right out of it.

I have been meaning to request that the Az riders start posting some of their planned events. When it really is hot, (it was 120 degrees going home today-35 miles-OUCH!!)I will usually head east on I-40. It is not a problem to meet the valley riders in Flagstaff, Jerome, Sedona, Prescott, etc.

I was planning on leaving for vegas sometime this afternoon. Probably after 2 or 3

Hey 918,

If that was directed at me my last post may have been confusing. I can't make Vegas this weekend but I'm in "generally" for weekend rides.

Bob

Back