It's almost that time!

My Busa

Registered
While I sit here looking at several inches of snow in early March I can't help but think about warmer temperatures as I find myself staring at my bike more & more. I've taken that micro-fiber towel to it more times than i'd like to admit. I know that within a month, it will be no big deal to throw on my lid and hit the streets! Like a child waiting for Christmas, I know the day is fast approaching. I have changed the oil, made sure my tags are up to date & have done all the mods I can think of. All that remains is for the Sun to come out so that I can gear up, start her up & ride! A non-rider wouldn't understand such emotions and would remind me that today there is snow on the ground & couldn't even comprehend the thoughts that go through a riders mind as the season approaches. Looking at the calender, scheduling trips, Tail of the Dragon, Chicago, Florida, The ROC & maybe even a trip to Sturgis this year. Not to mention the around the city trips that will be all too common in just a month. Oh sunshine, I can hardly wait! If only you could be here today, I wouldn't be sitting on this computer typing aimlessly, I would be out there LIVING!. The smell of that 93 Octane as it burns from my Two Brothers Exhaust, The comments made by hot chicks that often echo in my mind "I like your bike", "can I go for a ride". The fear that get's my juices flowing as I roll on the throttle clicking triple digits, The feeling of life as the wind beats across my body as I look down at the zombies driving a toyota with a stick figure family on their back window. The looks from neighbors when they see me start the bike while they are thinking " I always wanted a bike". That feeling you get while spliting a lane or two. The waves from other bikers of all makes & creeds as you both see each other out on the street. The joy & fun to be had.....

There's snow on the ground today, but it's almost that time....

Hey look, a fellow Hoosier! I hope it melts before this weekend, supposed to be +50 degrees on Saturday! I'm so anxious to get on the streets...we shall see though, just depends if there is still salt on the road or not...

My thoughts put into text, better than I could have! "Almost that time" equals 3 days for me. Sunday will be 66 degrees, sunny, beautiful. While I can usually get a ride in at least once every 2-3 weekends thru Winter, I've been down for 6 weeks straight, recovering from a hip replacement. It's been mostly crappy weather these last few weeks, but I've missed a few really good days. Imagine sitting on the porch in the warm sunshine, listening to sound of bikes going thru the gears in the distance, blue skies and all. Cruel!
Doc just gave me the go ahead to put full weight on it, and I'm walking without a walker or cane for the second day. Feels good, but still a little skittish. I'll clean, polish, and pre-flight 'til Sunday, and hopefully take a shake down cruise Sunday afternoon. I want to hear the growl of those two Brocks exhausts so bad it aches! I hope the Sunshine & Spring weather comes real soon to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey look, a fellow Hoosier! I hope it melts before this weekend, supposed to be +50 degrees on Saturday! I'm so anxious to get on the streets...we shall see though, just depends if there is still salt on the road or not...

I'm really thinking there will be some serious salt on the road. We need it to rain tomorrow for a couple minutes to wash it off.

Back