Airbox lift easy???

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
After doing everything the book says in re: removing the airbox to get at the plugs, it still seems like its attached. Do I just have to keep tugging on it to get it to lift up? Seems like I'm lifting the bike off the stands!

Make sure that you have loosened the 2 phillips screws (I usually loosen about 10 turns) on the TB Boot clamps and remove the bolt (10mm head) at the front of the airbox.

If you've done all that, there will be some resistance, but the airbox should pop off.

Don't pull it too far off yet, cuz you'll have to reach under to disconnect the vacuum line from the flapper.

(omslaw @ Mar. 12 2007,14:00) Make sure that you have loosened the 2 phillips screws (I usually loosen about 10 turns) on the TB Boot clamps and remove the bolt (10mm head) at the front of the airbox.

If you've done all that, there will be some resistance, but the airbox should pop off.

Don't pull it too far off yet, cuz you'll have to reach under to disconnect the vacuum line from the flapper.
+1

Just wait till you try to get it back on....it's just as much of a pain.

Little bit of silcone spray on the fingers, wiped evenly around the inside of the throttle body intakes helps put it back in nice and easy! Gotta "lick it before you stick it" right!!
all_coholic.gif

Don't forget to disconnect the electrical connectors, I think there is a temp and pressure... the walk it off the throttle bodies, after the other hardware mentioned above. I used a heat gun to warm the rubber up before re-installing. You got to warm it up before you stick it to it...

(PDBusa @ Mar. 14 2007,19:57) OR, you can wait until the Bash and have someone else do it...
SHOCKED.gif
Dayum, why didn't I think of that. I have disconnected two electrical connectors and two vacuum hoses and loosened the shid out of the tiny phillips screws and the bitch isn't moving. Guess I'll just pull like hell, or put it back together and let someone help me at the bash. Dayum if I can afford $100.00 an hour.

(Haelo @ Mar. 15 2007,01:24) Putting it back on in an excersize in patience and a deep learning experience about yourself.
Should I just wait until I go to the Gap
rock.gif

That's it, I 've got people wanting to ride tomorrow, I'm putting the lines back on and restoring the two electrical connectors, tightening the two small screws and waiting on the bash. Four plugs going in the trunk.
all_coholic.gif

Back