Motorcycle lift ?front and rear stand

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
Here is my first You Tube vid of my low cost universal bike lift/stand I put together using black pipe purchased for less than $35 from Lowes.

No worries with tip over, no matter how much tugging and pulling while the bike is lifted. Great for changing your fork tubes, swing arm,, header pipes, tires f/r, and the list goes on. It's sorta similar to a motor hoist.

Enjoy!

Lift - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad. the beams in my shed usually hold my bike pretty securely. Good thing about your set up, its mobile.

Having a little bit of down time, and maybe more of it. LOL Plan on posting a few more ( DIY custom Indiglo gauges).

??? is it really "rock solid"? it seems like it would be able to sway side to side?
seems a little ify to me.

thank you for the post. :beerchug:

??? is it really "rock solid"? it seems like it would be able to sway side to side?
seems a little ify to me.

thank you for the post. :beerchug:

There is some movement with the bike when hoisted, but very min. This can be corrected by strapping the lower portion of the bike to the lower section of the black pipe( lift). Spreading the straps further apart on the top bar will also help min any movement. As far being rock solid, a wheel type rear or front stand would tip over if you started lifting, pushing or pulling on the bike while lifted as compared to this lift. This goes for spool type rear stands too. Trust me, been there before. Using a rear spool stand with the bike strapped down and it still almost came off the stand, luckily I noticed it before it tipped over. This stand is stable and more so when it is carrying a load and there is no way the bike could tip over or slip off the tubular frame.

I'm not making a dime on this, I just want to help other save a buck and have a safer piece of equipment to use

There is some movement with the bike when hoisted, but very min. This can be corrected by strapping the lower portion of the bike to the lower section of the black pipe( lift). Spreading the straps further apart on the top bar will also help min any movement. As far being rock solid, a wheel type rear or front stand would tip over if you started lifting, pushing or pulling on the bike while lifted as compared to this lift. This goes for spool type rear stands too. Trust me, been there before. Using a rear spool stand with the bike strapped down and it still almost came off the stand, luckily I noticed it before it tipped over. This stand is stable and more so when it is carrying a load and there is no way the bike could tip over or slip off the tubular frame.

I'm not making a dime on this, I just want to help other save a buck and have a safer piece of equipment to use

:thumbs:groovy. it surprises me it's that stable.
thank you again for the share.

Black pipe isnt that strong really but I guess if you lift one end or the other, it should be fine.Great idea really.

Back