Front and rear stands

HT_USMC

Registered
After my lowside while commuting to work back in february I haven't been able to ride much until recently.

I had multiple doctor's visits between the 24 x-rays, 2 MRI's, and the dozens of physical therapy appointments trying to get my hip and my hand back in shape. The nerve damage to my hip looks like it might be permanent and my hand is fortunately almost completely recovered from the ligament and tendon damage. Unfortunately, I lost my job because I couldn't keep taking off work (I was a consultant) but I had to make sure I was going to be "put back together" properly. The worst part was I thought the accident was fairly injury free until a few weeks had gone by and then things REALLY started hurting.

That was then. This is now. My confidence was never shaken because of the accident but when I realized the stealership didn't take the bike apart to check things over (they fixed all the cosmetic damage but they never took the wheels off - which told me they couldn't have done too much - and now I've found a bolt that was snapped but never replaced!) I realized I didn't want to ride too much until I had a chance to look it over. That means I need to get working stands again. My front stand (Lockhart Phillips) pin has broken 3 times now and I'm tired of buying the pin and getting 2 uses out of it before it snaps and risking the Busa falling. I've purchased a Pitbull pin but it doesn't even come close to fitting in the stand. My current rear stand is a swing-arm stand which is a PITA and I'd like to go spooled. So, rather than replace just the front stand I'd like to get a set.

I've started my own business so money is a little tight for now but I need the release and relaxation the scooter provides. So, who makes a decent set of stands that won't bend or break under the Busa's weight - without costing a fortune? A pinned front stand and spooled rear stand is what I'm looking for (or maybe point me to quality pins for the front and a spool conversion for the rear - though I can't find them online). What are you all using?

Thanks in advance gang!
ThumbsUp.gif

I need to buy a set of stands too.. sorry about your accident bro I'm glad you're healing up nicely though! Best of luck to ya!

Check out site sponsor Redline stands. Great product and reasonable prices. They can help you out.

Find a used set of pitbulls. They the best and if you look you can find some good deals.

Here is a pic of mine.

1.jpg

Hey Turbo, you coulda just taken pictures of the stands ... you show-off!
smile.gif

Handy stands work well and are inexpensive (~ $100 shipped for the set).

Attachments

• midnight16oct0510.jpg.w560h420
    49.9 KB · Views: 131
Big fan of Pit Bull stands, never had a problem with them, utterly reliable.

Here's a pick of the pin front/non-spool rear on my RC51 (spooled now for the Busa):

bike_stand_800.jpg

Back