Air shifter

mr brown,a full bottle only lasts 3 weeks ? what size bottle are you using ? i have i lb bottles on both bikes,and it took 11 months to empty the first bottle on the 12,and i have had the original bottle on the busa for about 6 or 7 months

IM000723_edited.jpg

IM000692.jpg

mr brown,a full bottle only lasts 3 weeks ? what size bottle are you using ? i have i lb bottles on both bikes,and it took 11 months to empty the first bottle on the 12,and i have had the original bottle on the busa for about 6 or 7 months
I got a 9oz bottle. I don't have a gauge on it, so about every 3-4 weeks, I go get it filled. Don't cost much, so better safe than sorry......

i use to play paintball, if a co2 bottle sits in the sun and gets to hot the burst disc pops and then that tank is useless till you put a new burst disc in it. now if your bike sits in the sun and you have your tank mounted under the hump or you have it mounted close to the motor has anyone had thet happen to themwith the burst disc popping in those cases or any other.

I also have an MPS auto shift set up. Works pretty good. I don't have an onboard compressor because I was running out of room with my other stuff so i just re-fill it. Takes 2 seconds and works fine.

I'm getting a shifter too. I also need to know everthing. I'm really interested in the full electric system, yes I know it's expensive but you don't have to worry about air, co2, or compressors. Thought I'd try this post since it is related. Does anyone have a full electric shifter and is it reliable?

Electric shifters still require you to foot shift. Kinda defeats the purpose, if you ask me......
thats not exactly true...
i think pingel offers 100% full elctric shifting with auto shifters if you want.
i believe they also offer full elctric up and down shifting all with the push of a button, no need for foot shifting at all.
i'm not 100% sure but pretty close since i was interested in using that so check it out:

http://www.pingelonline.com/eshifter.htm

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128020430 -->

there are full electric shifters, they have a solenoid with a cable that pulls your shift lever.

waaayyy too much troubleshooting and setup time and maintinence on those!

air shifter is the way to go.

Mounted my MPS autoshifter last night. Couple of hours. Very easy. I would suggest buying the complete kit, it is almost all plug and play wiring, except for the coil wires. Went with C02, dont have any room for air compressor and I like the convenience of not having to fill it up so much.
Went to Sports authority and they had 9oz bottles for sale for 14 dollars each last night, so I bought some extras. If you ever had a line break at the track, you will want an extra bottle when the first one goes empty into the air...

I went to Cloud Nine to pick up my clutch and started helping install the air shifter and general BS. Yag showed up to for a nice BS session.

couple guys on streetbikes at the track had many problems getting the kill time adjusted properly, not to mention you have the cable to adjust too..

One of the fast boyz still runs his elec shifter.. they are more expensive by $120

The micro switch that triggered the kill needed constant adjustment. it would work fine for awhile then it wouldnt shift. usually during a important race
cussing.gif

Back