Co2 Tank??

wscycle

Registered
Hi Guys.Im planning to change my air shifter to CO2 because my air compressor past away yesterday.Here is the question I have my air tank under the gas tank can i mount the Co2 tank under the fuel tank too, and if you think i should buy another compressor or Co2 is better(pro and con)??

U can mount your CO2 anywhere that it'll fit. Just keep in mind that you will need to remove the bottle in order to fill it. So, put it somewhere that you don't mind accessing.

Pro-No compressor to fail
Con-Have to refill bottle. Fit the biggest bottle possible.

It can rise. I don't see you going from 900-1000 psi to 3000 though. If I recall correctly, thats what the bottles are rated. Now keep in mind they have a burst disc for safety set somewhere around 1600psi (i think).

The disc will give long before the bottle is compromised. I considered sticking one in and riding just to see waht would happen, but never got around to making my brackets.

I helped a buddy put a 3.5 oz in his nose piece/front fairing.

A 7 or 9oz fits in the truck easy as long as you dont have a tiger tail. A 12 fits but you have to push the center down.

Also you can modify the hump and run one upside down there.

How many shift can you do with a 9oz bottle.
It can rise. I don't see you going from 900-1000 psi to 3000 though. If I recall correctly, thats what the bottles are rated. Now keep in mind they have a burst disc for safety set somewhere around 1600psi (i think).

The disc will give long before the bottle is compromised. I considered sticking one in and riding just to see waht would happen, but never got around to making my brackets.

I helped a buddy put a 3.5 oz in his nose piece/front fairing.

A 7 or 9oz fits in the truck easy as long as you dont have a tiger tail. A 12 fits but you have to push the center down.

Also you can modify the hump and run one upside down there.

I have a leaky swivel fitting. But still seeing over 300 I'd guess. Matt at cycle tek says a couple hundred minimum.

I've since gone to a 12oz for the street.

Back