Air Shifter

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Where can I get some heavy duty air line for my air shifter? I need it to stand up to heat due to where my tank is located. I guess I will replace fittings as well.

you may be better off hitting up some one like Matt at Cycle Tek and see if they would sell you some. I am sure they buy in bulk and get it cheaper.

i know some commercial fleet shops have some. I use to work for NAPA, and we were located inside a shop that worked on 18-wheelers and other big equipment. their trailer brakes are air..and we had different sizes of air lines and all the compression fittings. worth a shot.

I work in a commercial shop, all rubber here. Find someone to sell u the length steel braided line and have a shop put the compression fittings on. If your real worried wrap with insulation also.

If I was installing on my bike I would also consider hard line.... East to bend yourself and hide, would last longer, just flare the ends and install. All metal = no heat issue.

Where can I get some heavy duty air line for my air shifter? I need it to stand up to heat due to where my tank is located. I guess I will replace fittings as well.

You go to your local truck supply and pick up 1/4" air brake line. In comes in a variety of colors, and although it has the same OD has the crappy line that comes with all the kits, it has a thicker wall diameter. Use it throughout the kit. Then in the areas where you anticipate heat, insulate the air lines by passing it through 3/8" fuel line - use the fuel line as a protective "sleeve". It works great.

go to any hydraulic supply store my uncle works at one and does air line for all my friends who have air ride on their vehicles

Back