air scoops

adam4g63

Registered
anybody have a opinion on those air scoops you put in your ram air tunnels? wheres a good place to check'em out?

preciate it

clean2a.jpg

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
adam4g63 @ Mar. 20 2008 said:
1343874[/ATTACH] PM]
wheres a good place to check'em out?

I posted in the wanted section a another site and bought a new set cheap . Try that and maybe save 50 bucks .

EDIT:

Guessing that posting high resolution photos is a thing of the past here .

zzwhip.gif

I could see if they added 20 more HP, but why would someone put something so butt ugly on the front of their bike?

I could see if they added 20 more HP, but why would someone put something so butt ugly on the front of their bike?
They do it for same probable reason you have made choice of the stuff of the likes in your signature , with one possible exception.

They just might be looking for all the MPH they can get on the back half of the track with a hi-output engine with well sealed inlet ducting .

I don't care for those Tobin seats or other parts in your sig but don't go out of my way to knock people who's bought them .

Any of this make sense ?

They do it for same probable reason you have made choice of the stuff of the likes in your signature , with one possible exception.

They just might be looking for all the MPH they can get on the back half of the track with a hi-output engine with well sealed inlet ducting .

I don't care for those Tobin seats or other parts in your sig but don't go out of my way to knock people who's bought them .

Any of this make sense ?
OK, again How much HP do they add?

Any of this make sense ?
OK, again How much HP do they add?
I like mine, I feel they enhance the performance. As far as "add" HP,your not going to notice much for under a hundred bucks, unfortunately
sad.gif
 you need to "add" money before you'll see a real gain. One thing I haven't heard from others that have or haven't used them say is that they hurt performance.  If I had to describe the enhancement what ever that means, it would be a pull rather than a push at faster speeds.  As far as looks,  do as you feel,not what others say or think.

black_busa_017.jpg

They are useful at top speeds . After about 140-160 the air goes right by the vents and thats when the scoops are needed . So they do add HP at those speeds or at least keep the HP coming . I think they look okay . I would like to get a Carbon fiber set and see if I can put them on with the ram covers I have on .

3.jpg

First, I am sorry if I have upset anyone, that was never my intent. you bought your bike and do with it as you wish, just as I have done to mine, I too DON'T need a lecture on this point. Back to the original question, does it help. By pushing the air tubes out past the high pressure zone you are by passing the higher pressure air and getting cleaner but lower pressure air. I have to agree it does not help, please see below.

Suzuki Ram Air Direct ( SRAD )
The GSX1300R doesn't just slip through the wind. It also uses the wind to boost engine performance, with a unique version of Suzuki Ram Air Direct.

"The SRAD intakes are placed close to the centerline of the carefully shaped fairing nose, near the point of maximum air pressure. The integrated turn signals are positioned and shaped to force more air into the intakes, maximizing the ram-air effect.

Pressurized air is ducted into a large capacity airbox and fed into the engine through straight, downdraft intake tracts. The result is a significant boost in horsepower torque and acceleration."
http://www.dragbike.com/news/features/hayabusa_sstory.htm

Hey they might not add much HP if any.. Just know that if you hit a tree.. the only thing on the upper fairing that will survive.. is these carpenter scoop's.. i'm reusing them as soon as my new stuff gets here.. durable lil sucker's..

scoop.jpg

i have them just because i like the way they look reminds me of an old dodge

Back