buell 1125r

ambulldog

Donating Member
Registered
i would really like to like a buell but those darn air scoops are hideous. after all the complaints on here about the rear on the 08 i was wondering what people think of that disaster

I see no Pic
lurk.gif

I think the styling is definetly gonna take some getting used to, but that motor sounds like heaven!
cool.gif

Buell_1125R_30331.jpg

Not the best styling, still has some bugs, but certainly a move toward the right direction for an american bike, even though it has Austrian (Rotax) engine.

I think it looks pretty good for a naked bike and I bet it screams a guy i work with at the shop has an older S1 Lighting and that thing rocks on low end torque

I hope they got one at daytona next week for test ride, if they do...I'll be on one
peace.gif

The upper fairing says Cagiva Mito, the scoops and exhaust cover/shroud(?) looks pure Bat Copter. I think functionally this could answer a lot of peoples prayers but Aesthetically it is still off the mark a little IMO.

i do like the buell`s i was looking when i found the busa. the only reason i did not want one is the amount of them for sale with no miles on them and almost no re sale value.
this has been a couple years ago.

Like it. And the price is reasonable too. Will Harley dealers still sell them? When it comes to customer service I wonder how they'll handle it. Seems a lot of the Harley dealers treated the old Buells (and even V-Rods) like a red headed stepchild. With a REAL engine in this one it may be worse.

Just looking at the picture...I like it because it's American and it offers an alternative to the other bikes out there. Would I ride it? Hell no...it's almost as ugly as the new B-king.

I dunno guys....I think it's a jump for Buell design, and from what I read in Cycle World, it's a get-up-and-goer.....Let's be serious...we ride Hayabusa's
coolold.gif
........we're into progressive styling and high performance.

As far as Buell is concerned, they're taking a stab at putting out something the American market will accept.  Me personally, if someone gave me one, I'd ride it.  I'd spend quite a bit of time reminding myself it's not my usual ride or choice.  Then I'd probably find a way to get it to do, what I want it to do.  

I'm a loyal Hayabusa "owner" and "enthusiast".  Like I said, if someone gave me one, I'd ride it....but would eventually park it and GET BACK ON THE REAL DEAL !!!
super.gif

Back