Air Horn Mod

its much easier to mount the horn in the engine bay on the left side with the horns facing out the fairing

This is what I did with mine. Ran horn wires around the airbox and extended them down towards the clutch cover. Fabricated a small bracket to mount the air horn to the frame with unused hole. Ran my in-line fuse and am very happy with mine. :thumbsup:

This is what I did with mine. Ran horn wires around the airbox and extended them down towards the clutch cover. Fabricated a small bracket to mount the air horn to the frame with unused hole. Ran my in-line fuse and am very happy with mine. :thumbsup:

You have pics for these. I thinking of installing mine.

can anyone tell me if it is worth using (2) electric compressors with (1) horn assembly? I have an old Wolo Bad Boy horn that the compressor is still good, (horns are no good), and just bought a Nebel. Would it make the horn louder to use (2) compressors, can the battery push both compressors at the same time or would it be reduced?

:dunno: you may be going into uncharted territory .... everyone loves a pioneer let us know how it goes:beerchug:

I mounted the entire horn assembly to the front Tube/Neck in back of the headlight. Had to make a bracket..:thumbsup:

Dang, this is an old thread.

I tried installing the air horn twice in two separate attempts. Never could get it to work properly, the pump enough juice, the fittings, fabing a bracket, the hoses, clamps, zip ties, aiigh. First was actual horn type, then the Stebel following this thread. Still no success on the 2nd bike.

Finally ordered twin PIAA horn kit off Amazon (oddly enough by mistake), and works great. Really loud and leading all these bikes around and people pulling out in front us all the time, it gets a lot of use. I honk at every idiot in a car that comes near us.

Here's what I ended up doing: Maybe this will help something. I hated the stock beep beep horn.

PIAA Dual Horn Mod

After my two failed attempts at installing an air horn on the busa, finally relented and let's keep it simple.

This is PIAA's new twin horn kit.

8493658968_8c0f348af0_b.jpg

Not a lot of room inside the nose, but here's where I ended up on the left side. A simple bolt through the air intake is all that's needed. Leave the old horn in place. (it's tough to take off & get back on)

Use some wire connectors and just plug them into the original stock plug after figuring out which is + & -.

8493658892_793771d155_b.jpg

Then create a short wire harness for both horns and solder and shrink wrap it all up.

8493658792_ce1052b668_b.jpg

Test fitting with the dash panel, just enough room

8493683660_11f8864bd8_b.jpg

Left side was a bit more challenging. Finally settled on here.

Overall, works great, plenty loud, love it !

8493658700_d014555da7_b.jpg

8492558493_b6c2264e8e_b.jpg

Dang, this is an old thread.

I tried installing the air horn twice in two separate attempts. Never could get it to work properly, the pump enough juice, the fittings, fabing a bracket, the hoses, clamps, zip ties, aiigh. First was actual horn type, then the Stebel following this thread. Still no success on the 2nd bike.

Finally ordered twin PIAA horn kit off Amazon (oddly enough by mistake), and works great. Really loud and leading all these bikes around and people pulling out in front us all the time, it gets a lot of use. I honk at every idiot in a car that comes near us.

Here's what I ended up doing: Maybe this will help something. I hated the stock beep beep horn.

PIAA Dual Horn Mod

After my two failed attempts at installing an air horn on the busa, finally relented and let's keep it simple.

This is PIAA's new twin horn kit.

8493658968_8c0f348af0_b.jpg

Not a lot of room inside the nose, but here's where I ended up on the left side. A simple bolt through the air intake is all that's needed. Leave the old horn in place. (it's tough to take off & get back on)

Use some wire connectors and just plug them into the original stock plug after figuring out which is + & -.

8493658892_793771d155_b.jpg

Tim, so you did not need a relay for the PIAA's? I was looking at the PIAA Superior Bass (300/400Hz) dual horns.

For this kit, no need.

I tapped directly into the factory horn plug at the front of the radiator. Just used the correct electrical connectors to plug into the stock outlet, shrink wrap that all up, then fab a new wire harness to the L & R positions of the PIAA horns.

Left the stock horn in place as it's a pain to get off & on. When I sell the '08, I can pull off the PIAA twin horns, and just plug the stock beep-beep horn back in.

Back