New Sick Speed horns for my bike

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
I was tired of the stock horn that sounded like duck with a cold. I bought some Sick Speed horns that are superposed to have a sound level of 108 decibels.
The two blue ones are the new horn the black one is the stock horn
three horns.jpg

I bought a pre-made relay due to the high power draw of the horns. I have had bad luck in the past figuring out how to build relays so this was a no brainier for me. When I first looked at the relay I thought it had been wired backwards. I thought I was just wrong so I hooked up as instructed. Sure enough when I turned on the bike the horn sounded constantly. This caused my ears to ring as I was in a garage at the time. Thanks to Schism and his post I was able to confirm the relay was indeed backwards. Here is his post in case some one wants it.https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/31190-help-wiring-relay-air-horn-mod.html
Bike wire relay.jpg

I thought I would put it in the stock location but the clearances were too tight.
mountng location.jpg

I finaly put it in the head piece.
final mouning loation..jpg

Due to the tight clearances the steering stabler would hit the horns. I fixed this by removing the protective grate. After all if some thing flies up and hits the horn in this locations I have much bigger problems than damage to my horns.
modded horn.jpg

In the end the horns rang when they were activated and sounded like a cheep metal buzz as well. My next horn will be one of the air horns like the bad boy or the Nautilus. The Nautilus were getting bad reviews like being Dead on Arrival or moisture getting into the pump and making it sound worse than the stock horn.

three horns.jpg

Bike wire relay.jpg

final mouning loation..jpg

modded horn.jpg

mountng location.jpg

The cutting did not ruin them. Half the reason I removed the guard was to stop ringing sound. I think the metal ringing sound is coming from an internal part. I tested the horns prior to installation. I wondered if part of the ringing was the mounting hardware not being securely attached to something that would dampen the ring.

Back