Air Box Question

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
I recently sync the TB on my stock 04 and when I removed the air box i noticed that the bottom of the box had a fitting on the front that looked like it should have a hose or be plugged, so i looked around on top of the head for a plug and found this....what the hay? sould it be plugged or what? an this couldent be the plug could it?

hwy 4 camping 2 005.jpg

hwy 4 camping 2 001.jpg

If it's before the air filter, water drain maybe? If so, probably wouldn't want to plug it if you ever plan on riding in the rain. Dunno about the other little piece there.

Thanks guys, if its a drain though i guess i would be missing a hose to it cause otherwise the water would drain onto the top of the motor so i plugged it with the plug i found on top of the valve cover...dosent seem like the right plug for it though not sure how that plug ended up on top of the motor or where it came from:dunno:

it's a drain. There is no hose for it. Water drains into the motor. It will onlly be a couple of drops of condensation unless you ride under water

it's a drain. There is no hose for it. Water drains into the motor. It will onlly be a couple of drops of condensation unless you ride under water
or you are riding in the rain.... dont plug it....

Back