air box mods horspower increase

nolo263

Registered
i would like to know if anyone can show quarter mile times before and after this mod? quarter mile speeds before and after this mod? or dyno numbers before and after. thanks for replies.

No idea about that Nolo ...sorry
smile.gif

Just the box mods will show minimal increase, but combine that with a good pipe, PC, pair removal, and filter, and you'll pick up around 12-18hp at the rear wheel.

what mods are u doing to the airbox?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|chapsbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110047402 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Just the box mods will show minimal increase, but combine that with a good pipe, PC, pair removal, and filter, and you'll pick up around 12-18hp at the rear wheel.
yeah, but which one did the deed?

I think the airbox mod is crap.. just changes the power curve a smidge the best I can tell..

give up a little down low and put it on the high side..

i'm no expert... thats just how it looks to me.

the whole reason for the flapper is for increased torque at low rpms from what I've read.

yeah, but which one did the deed?

I think the airbox mod is crap.. just changes the power curve a smidge the best I can tell..

give up a little down low and put it on the high side..

i'm no expert... thats just how it looks to me.

the whole reason for the flapper is for increased torque at low rpms from what I've read.
put it on a dyno and dyno it with the stock box then dyno with no air filter or lid and watch the gain low and high

Back