Ahhhhhhh sh*t thats going to cost me

Lotus49

Registered
Well i got an estimater back from Columbia Motors, In columbia ct. Between 3500-4000$ To replace what the chaine broke on the bike. Apparently it needs a new tranny case, but when you replace the tranny case, They said I have to replace the engine case. Becasue of how they are made and the casting of them. Suzuki says they will NOT contribute in any way for the repairs becasue i was warned before it broke that it needed to be ajusted and replaced. The DAY i went down to the dealership i ordered a chain when he told me that. The suzuki rep told me that one of the mechanics test rode the bike prior to the chain brake and reported that the chain was apparently slipping. Which is BULLSHIT becase he was on a test ride for a god dam shift dog/fork. He told me that it was the chain that needed replacment not the shift dogs. I asked "then why does it only skip in 2nd gear under any kind of load" he replyed "i cant answer that, its proelly the throttle curve or the amount of torque" I yelled back.. " If it takes 40 ft/lbs of torque (in theory) to make the chain slip, then it means that on 1/8th throttle in 1st should do it.. 1/6th throttle in 2nd and 1/4 in 3rd? and so on.. there is way more torque in 1st than 2nd gear and even if you dont get on the throttle it would still skip. So why does it only skip in 2nd" he didnt answer me he only showed me how to tighten my chain..

This was a major factor in suzuki's warranty or good will decision. The suzuki rep Matt. Told me becasue i was warned that it was slipping that It was neglect. and it would not be covered...

It sound like im just repeating myself, but im just so pissed that i have to spend 11k one month ago to buy the bike.. and now another 4k to ride it another month.. This cant be right..

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but before the chain broke you crashed the bike stunting.  I'm not going to search for the post, but I remember something about showing off for the crowd at dunking donuts, landing it wrong at 70-80 mph and sliding it through an intersection.  Powershifting and stunting, not manufacturer defect, is the cause of the tranny and chain problems. Why should Suzuki pay to rebuild your bike after you trashed it?

rock.gif

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but before the chain broke you crashed the bike stunting.  I'm not going to search for the post, but I remember something about showing off for the crowd at dunking donuts, landing it wrong at 70-80 mph and sliding it through an intersection.  Powershifting and stunting, not manufacturer defect, is the cause of the tranny and chain problems.  Why should Suzuki pay to rebuild your bike after you trashed it?

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>NO NO NO!!!!</span></span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Please...get your story right.</span>

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>It was in front of</span> <span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Krispy Kreme's!!!</span></span>

<span style='color:darkblue'>They were all like DUUUUDDDEEEE!!!!</span>

jump9.gif

Yes Krispy Kreme's!!!lol

Im not saying they should pay for it or anything like that.. but god dam.. at least work with me .. you know?

what about an undercut tranny? i heard they are about 1200 ... a new case OEM is 1600... just the case!..??

Either way good luck getting it fixed.

do you have to replace the engine case with the tranny case?

also.. thanks for your guys help:)
Yes...the tranny case and crankcase are a common unit.

Download the Service Manual here:
There's tons of info in there about maintaining your bike, and how it works.

First off, with the way you treat your Busa, I'm not surprised you don't have more problems. You should honestly take a hard look at how you treat her, and then ask yourself...

"If I were the manufacturer, and knew how it was treated, would I pay for the damages caused by abuse/neglect?"

I know I wouldn't.

I feel for ya bro.....my bike is in the shop today....I put a thread up on monday about my episode with my chain....so today I will get the final answer....
wink.gif

Back