2nd gear jerk/skip

Gunny, they "fixed" it"? how, what did they do? temporary fix and it might happen again, or 2nd gear issue addressed permanantly?

Good luck on this... man sure hope the trans is not wounded but sure is sounding more like it is from what everyone else is saying...

Gunny, they "fixed" it"? how, what did they do? temporary fix and it might happen again, or 2nd gear issue addressed permanantly?
I took it in to Escondido Cycle Center , where I bought it, it had around 50,000 miles on it when the problem started. They rode it to confirm the problem and called my warranty people , I think I have western, the warranty people siad to fix it and they did. They replaced the shift forks along with 2nd and 6th gear and it cost me nada ! I have told this story many times in the last 3 years I have even sent people copies of my warranty work so they could show thier dealers some get it done under warranty like it should be and some poeple just give up and have it done thier self becuase thier dealers sux azz.

i think i'm gonna have mine checked out, kinda feels like it's slipping in second a little on initial shift into second and then catches.

thanks for the pm Gb.

Taking them apart is easy, it's the putting them back together so they work right that's the hard part
tounge.gif

i'm going to take it in to the dealership, it's under warranty, and i've known the owners son for about 10 years, BIG THANKS for the offer though!
beerchug.gif

I took mine in to have new front springs installed- at the dealer I bought it from- They were just as inexpensive as other shops- go figure--
BUT- I also have the 2nd gear blues-- Today is the day my Suzuki warranty expires-- So I documented the problem, and will address it when its too cold to ride-- with the western extended warranty. They can duke it out (Suzuki and Western) about whos gonna foot the bill.
I took my pipes off- and the GI pro just as precaution for warranty.(as the Mechanic suggested) Mechanic is gonna test ride it Saturday. Hope he gets the slip! Hes on my side!

i think i'm gonna have mine checked out, kinda feels like it's slipping in second a little on initial shift into second and then catches.

thanks for the pm Gb.
Is this something you could do? I'm in the middle of ct. if I could help you.
You any good at splitting Busa trannys ?
Mine was the first one I did and I have 10k on it with no probb. More mi. than it lasted from the factory.Probb has to do with riding habits since it was like that when I got it.The bike had a pile of rubber on th swingarm and small peices of steel from the tire stuck in the rear fairing and a brand new rear tire.looked like it had a hard life. Hope it all works out for you.

Well, I got mine back Saturday. Mechanic said he couldn't reproduce the skip. He tightened my chain- SO- riding it home; not two miles from the shop::: yup - it slips on me! Racetec springs are awesome though.

Back