Ahhhh!  My motor is gone!

how many miles my 03 now at 23k runs great leaks nothing
super.gif

don't forget to time the beast when you get her back togethr. Man... I want to put a spacer plate in mine after seeing you tear her down.

Nice job with the cups... 2 hrs is good, especially with the organizaion you got there.... I could get one out in 20minutes but wouldnt wnt to be the one to put it back in....
Good luck
bowdown.gif

(DR1300R @ Mar. 11 2007,23:57)
SHOCKED.gif
Wow you will be ready for the bash right?
Yep, should be. Parts should be rolling in this week. Hopefully, I'll have the valve seals in time to get them to the machine shop so I can pickup the head by Friday or Saturday. I should be able to get her back together fairly quickly...

(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 12 2007,00:06) That sucks especially since it's only a '04. Extended warranty would have come in handy for that one. How many miles on it? Did it ever over heat before you noticed the coolant disappearing?
Amen to the extended warranty. Oh well...

Have about 18K on it. No, never overheated - even with the leak.

I'm wondering if the head was warped since day 1. Even before my first 12 months were up, I had to add coolant; not a whole lot, but I just dismissed it as 'normal'. (in hindsight, I should have figured something was up since the cooling system should be 'sealed'.)

(fstbusa @ Mar. 12 2007,06:11) don't forget to time the beast when you get her back togethr. Man... I want to put a spacer plate in mine after seeing you tear her down.
Yeah. Although adjustable sprockets will have to wait; just bought .

Bring her down, Travis, we'll make a day of it putting in a spacer!
cool.gif
I bet we can get Hal to stop by, too.

(turb06LE240 @ Mar. 12 2007,06:31) Nice job with the cups... 2 hrs is good, especially with the organizaion you got there.... I could get one out in 20minutes but wouldnt wnt to be the one to put it back in....
Good luck
bowdown.gif
LOL. (now, what did I do with that bolt?
laugh.gif
)

(KanjiBusa @ Mar. 11 2007,23:15) Holy smokes oms!!!
all_coholic.gif
Yeah, especially if this doesn't fix the leak! I'll definitely be needing some more
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Dayum, wish you were here in Houston. I am about to have to get my motor dropped to deal with the infamous "2nd Gear Fu&Kup" issue.

Looks good though. Wish I had the tools, but even more so the patience!!

so im guessing u are trying to shave some weight??? but seriously, props to you for the work. i know its something that i would never think about doin on my own!!!
beerchug.gif

Yes I have a dumb Question .. What spacer are we talking about . And are u going back with stock cams ? Are u having any other head work done ie ported polished ..just wondering I have done 350 chevy adn some fords didnt know if the same stuff could be done 3angle valve jobs porting polishing diferant head gaskets for diff compresion just trying to learn .Never done it but think If i can take it apart i can put it back together ...

(BusaSamurai @ Mar. 12 2007,18:flamethrowing:) Yes I have a dumb Question .. What spacer are we talking about . And are u going back with stock cams ? Are u having any other head work done ie ported polished ..just wondering I have done 350 chevy adn some fords didnt know if the same stuff could be done 3angle valve jobs porting polishing diferant head gaskets for diff compresion just trying to learn .Never done it but think If i can take it apart i can put it back together ...
Ahh, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask, right?

See Jeff's reply above about the base spacer.

Yes, I'm sticking with the stock cams. The only reason I've had to resort to this was to find a !#%*ing coolant leak! No, I'm not having any other work done decking it. I know it's the perfect time to port/polish, do a valve grind, etc. But I and my wife would kill me if I keep sinking $$$ into the Busa.
crazy.gif
As it is, I'm replacing the valve seals and the rings. They all look good...but I'm this far into the motor, may as well. Heck, I've even thought about a 1397 kit, but I'd definitely be
guns.gif

Since I'm taking some off the deck, I've gone with an aftermarket head gasket that's a little thicker than OEM to help make up the difference.

(omslaw @ Mar. 12 2007,08:09)
(DR1300R @ Mar. 11 2007,23:57)
SHOCKED.gif
Wow you will be ready for the bash right?
Yep, should be. Parts should be rolling in this week. Hopefully, I'll have the valve seals in time to get them to the machine shop so I can pickup the head by Friday or Saturday. I should be able to get her back together fairly quickly...
wink.gif
thats cool.. I thought I had mine torn apart, I think u got me beat..
laugh.gif
Good times are on there way.. Looking forward to seeing everyone about a month..
super.gif

Back